alpha showing in region render but not in final render..

Discussions about rendering in SOFTIMAGE©
lorax

alpha showing in region render but not in final render..

Post by lorax » 17 Sep 2013, 17:01

Hey folks,

I have this problem where my alpha texture applied to a softbody (already plotted using momentum) doesn't show in the final render. It all looks good in the region but when I want to render it, the alpha doesn't show. I am rendering using the .pic format.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

lorax

Re: alpha showing in region render but not in final render..

Post by lorax » 19 Sep 2013, 10:33

Let me explain my scene a bit.. My scene consists of a basketball being thrown in the basket. I have used momentum softbody for the dynamics on the net and attached the net to the ring of the basket which is a momentum rigid body with mass 0. My net consists of a cylinder open on the top and bottom to which I have applied a texture of a net with an alpha channel. (tga) The net is using a constant shader and I am running my texture into the color and transparency port with "use alpha" enabled.

The simulation works fine and in the render region the alpha displays correctly. However when I want to render the sequence the alpha doesn't work. Its black where it should be transparent.

I tried to use different output formats but nothing seems to yield.. could it be that momentum2 softbodies somehow don't support alpha channels?

Any ideas?

lorax

Re: alpha showing in region render but not in final render..

Post by lorax » 19 Sep 2013, 11:25

haha.. check this out: i just enabled motion blur for my render and now it works.. i have absolutely NO clue why.. but it works!