Syflex Wind negative directions doesn't work

Discussions about simulation, hair and cloth in SOFTIMAGE©
Caveman

Syflex Wind negative directions doesn't work

Post by Caveman » 17 Apr 2012, 08:13

Hi I have simulated some curtains all is well except that I can't set the wind direction to negative values. This is happening in both Syflex ICE and the standard Syflex. I had to import baked nCloth because of this. Can someone check if it's working?

Thanks.

bottleofram

Re: Syflex Wind negative directions doesn't work

Post by bottleofram » 17 Apr 2012, 09:02

Make sure you have "one sided" unchecked on the wind compound.

Caveman

Post by Caveman » 17 Apr 2012, 11:18

bottleofram wrote:Make sure you have "one sided" unchecked on the wind compound.

Not sure why I was being blind to it :o) Thank you.

I am not getting proper collisions with a table(penetration and the cloth gets stuck) and the precision is already high enough. It is a thin geometry can that be the reason? Increasing the envelopes helps a bit but it looks bad. Any suggestions.

Thanks again.

RichardCulver

Post by RichardCulver » 17 Apr 2012, 14:47

More than likely you have a geometry issue. Meaning, maybe you don't have enough resolution on the cloth to fold over the table.

Another tip is to try increasing the friction on the table object collision properties. For some reason in Syflex this helps also with collisions.

If yo can post images of your scene it would help to determine what is happening.

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 17 Apr 2012, 15:51

Theres also a subframe sampling option for ice. Tbh, im not quite sure how it relates to syflex but from my understanding it is a number of times an ice tree is being calculated per frame. It should provide better collision data whether it is a mesh or a particle...