Texturing/ multicoloring a spline

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
Jho

Texturing/ multicoloring a spline

Post by Jho » 12 Feb 2014, 09:44

Hi.

I admit, I gave up on trying to google this very quickly. It just seemed I couldn't think of the right keywords and I figured this could be an easy question for you guys to answer.

I have a snake rig that has come something like a darling project to me for some odd reason, and I have been updating it periodically.
The snake is set on a spline which I can bend and then I have a set of nulls constrained on the spline which I can slide on the spline to make the snake slither.

Anyways, it's kind of hard to tell at times which control object is for which part of the spline. The control objects are colored, so I was thinking coloring the spline according to the controls would make it much more clear.

So, anyone know how to color parts of a spline in different colors?

Mathaeus

Re: Texturing/ multicoloring a spline

Post by Mathaeus » 12 Feb 2014, 11:22

Afaik, there is no built-in option for that, unfortunately. As an workaround, I've used ICE point cloud, emitted from curve. If not ICE, perhaps to build an extrusion along curve and assign the gradient texture. Both are workarounds, but time savers too - minute to build a helper, saves a lot of time later.