GeForce gtx 1080 - scrub delay

General questions and troubleshooting SOFTIMAGE©
gfeather

GeForce gtx 1080 - scrub delay

Post by gfeather » 28 May 2017, 20:40

Hi,

So I had to take my Radeon graphics card back that I just purchased and get a new one. This time I picked up a Geforce gtx1080 hoping my previous problems with the Radeon RX 580 wouldn't be duplicated on the new card.
For the most part, the gtx 1080 works with almost no issues, but there is one thing that is a little annoying. I can live with it if I have to, but if there is a fix that would be great.

When scrubbing the timeline it lags behind and tries to play every frame, it also shows that it is dragging that green timeline marker you usually use to transforms from the current frame to another frame. This is I believe something that usually appears when you middle click on the timeline and drag, but I am left clicking. I have used both a mouse and tablet pen to see if there is any difference. I couldn't find any settings I might have changed that would cause this.

Any idea what might be causing it and what might fix it?

Thanks!
Gerald

NNois

Re: GeForce gtx 1080 - scrub delay

Post by NNois » 29 May 2017, 10:41

Hi,
I think there is a setting about opengl in the .env file. Look at this on the docs

luceric

Re: GeForce gtx 1080 - scrub delay

Post by luceric » 30 May 2017, 16:42

gfeather wrote:When scrubbing the timeline it lags behind and tries to play every frame, it also shows that it is dragging that green timeline marker you usually use to transforms from the current frame to another frame.
I don't know, is there audio is that scene? Are you scrubbing with Audio?

With regards to the green highlight, if it doesn't cause any problem I wouldn't worry about it. The green timeline tick is always drawn, it's always moved with the orange one. It's possible the new card is simply so much faster, perhaps because vsync is globally off, that now you have the time to see it.