LivePaint plugin

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

LivePaintAuthor: Ahmidou Lyazidi
Here is an alpha version of a paint tool that doesn't need weight maps to deform a mesh. It's far from finished but is usable for painting push and smoothing. To install, copy the dll in your plugin directory then run this jscript command in the script editor: LivePaint()

Some things you need to know: only 32bit for now RMB to chose between push and smooth shift drag to change the brushopacity control drag to change the brush radius it only work on freezed objects undo will revert the object to it's state befor freeze there are many bugs, use it at your own risk — Have fun.

local backup: LivePaint.32.dll LivePaint.64.dll (copy to a Plugins directory)

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
Ahmidou

Re: LivePaint plugin

Post by Ahmidou » 21 Sep 2011, 18:11

anyheart wrote:
win7 x64 si2012 sp1
the same problem . .. :-\
You may miss some libraries can you test the dll with this utility: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Sep 2011, 19:48

What did you compile it with?
Could be simply some users are missing the necessary runtime redistributables,
which especially make sense, if you used the 2010 version of Microsofts compiler,
as not everyone has them yet...
If so: here are the runtimes: x86 and x64
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 25 Sep 2011, 19:01

Ahmidou wrote:
anyheart wrote:
win7 x64 si2012 sp1
the same problem . .. :-\
You may miss some libraries can you test the dll with this utility: http://www.dependencywalker.com/

:((
errors were detected when processing

"c:\users\cgs\autodesk\softimage_2012_sp1\application\plugins\LIVEPAINT.64.DLL."See the log window for details.

here is the details:

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Attachments
001a.jpg
001a.jpg (48.34 KiB) Viewed 5314 times

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 25 Sep 2011, 19:05

Hirazi Blue wrote:What did you compile it with?
Could be simply some users are missing the necessary runtime redistributables,
which especially make sense, if you used the 2010 version of Microsofts compiler,
as not everyone has them yet...
If so: here are the runtimes: x86 and x64

i try it(Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)) in xp32, but still the same problem...

Ahmidou

Post by Ahmidou » 25 Sep 2011, 21:33

I'm sorry this is not working for you.
SICPPSDK are softimage libs, so you should have them linked and
I used MVS 2010 express so the redistributable package should work
You ca try to find the dlls on the web and copy them in the same diretory you copyed the plugin, but I think that's a bad solution.

Anyway I'm still fighting to make the undo work I have a solution with user data map but it's slowing fps down a lot....

Regards

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Sep 2011, 22:07

Ahmidou wrote:You ca try to find the dlls on the web and copy them in the same diretory you copyed the plugin, but I think that's a bad solution.
That is indeed a very bad solution as there is way too much malware around disguised as "genuine dll's". #:-s

From what I can tell from a quick internet search, I get the vague impression, Visual C++ 2010 might not be completely compatible with XP anymore, as there are several reports of missing dlls related to XP & the 2010 redistributable.

That said, one question seems to remain, @anyheart: your Windows XP installation has been updated to include Service Pack 3? I don't know if that matters much, but it seems to be a requirement for the redistributable.
;)

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 29 Sep 2011, 19:44

Hirazi Blue wrote:
Ahmidou wrote:You ca try to find the dlls on the web and copy them in the same diretory you copyed the plugin, but I think that's a bad solution.
That is indeed a very bad solution as there is way too much malware around disguised as "genuine dll's". #:-s

From what I can tell from a quick internet search, I get the vague impression, Visual C++ 2010 might not be completely compatible with XP anymore, as there are several reports of missing dlls related to XP & the 2010 redistributable.

That said, one question seems to remain, @anyheart: your Windows XP installation has been updated to include Service Pack 3? I don't know if that matters much, but it seems to be a requirement for the redistributable.
;)

yes,it is Service Pack 3.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 29 Sep 2011, 19:59

You could try download the demo of Dependency Checker and try it on the dll. This software seems to give a more straight-forward account of the dependencies and even tells you which are obviously missing. After that we might get a clearer picture of what's going on. Don't know if this helps, but you can always try.

edit: but looking at your earlier screenshot again, couldn't it just be, you're trying to install the x64 version of the plugin, "LivePaint.64.dll" on a 32 bit machine, for which you should use the 32 bit version, "LivePaint.32.dll"?

anyheart

Post by anyheart » 30 Sep 2011, 20:20

Hirazi Blue wrote:You could try download the demo of Dependency Checker and try it on the dll. This software seems to give a more straight-forward account of the dependencies and even tells you which are obviously missing. After that we might get a clearer picture of what's going on. Don't know if this helps, but you can always try.

edit: but looking at your earlier screenshot again, couldn't it just be, you're trying to install the x64 version of the plugin, "LivePaint.64.dll" on a 32 bit machine, for which you should use the 32 bit version, "LivePaint.32.dll"?
i use the “LivePaint.64.dll” on win7 x64 , and use the "LivePaint.32.dll" on xp_sp3 32bit....

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 30 Sep 2011, 21:30

Okay, my mistake. I didn't understand why you mention them both. Now I do. ;)

luceric

Post by luceric » 30 Sep 2011, 21:46

Ahmidou wrote:I'm sorry this is not working for you.
SICPPSDK are softimage libs, so you should have them linked and
I used MVS 2010 express so the redistributable package should work
You ca try to find the dlls on the web and copy them in the same diretory you copyed the plugin, but I think that's a bad solution.

Anyway I'm still fighting to make the undo work I have a solution with user data map but it's slowing fps down a lot....

Regards
actually a Visual Studio dll installed that way will stop the dll from working. They need to be installed with the installer, and they'll end up somewhere complicated under the windows directory

is it possible your plug-in is compiled in debug mode instead of Release? It's a common mistake (in that case, it only works on machine where VC++ is installed)

Clappy

Post by Clappy » 11 May 2012, 23:11

Coming from Maya I really like this tool, too bad about the undo crash. All it really needs is symmetry, a push option and some bug fixes. Really makes organic modeling much more pleasurable.

Are you (the op) still working on this, or has it been retired?

Cheers,
Matt

Ahmidou

Post by Ahmidou » 12 May 2012, 00:13

Hi Matt
I'm planning to continue it, but for now I'm on trying to finnish my motion path plugin.
I'll keep you up in this topic.
Cheers
A.

Clappy

Post by Clappy » 15 May 2012, 07:58

Cool. Thanks for the reply. Will keep an eye out.

Cheers,
Matt

Ahmidou

Post by Ahmidou » 09 May 2013, 14:41

Hi there, I've updated the plugin, please see the first tread post.
More to come :)

Cheers.
A

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 09 May 2013, 15:20

Nice one Ahmidou. Thanks

Dan
Last edited by Daniel Brassard on 09 May 2013, 15:28, edited 2 times in total.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif