quickPrimitive

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

QuickPrimitive v0.93Author: Piotrek Marczak
Updated September 2012 to support light primitives, new preference options. Following the popular QuickInset modeling tool (listed below), Pitorek releases this new custom tool, allowing the user to draw primitives interactively.

This can be done using a number of preset objects (pickable from a radial array), and using a variety of placement/creation options such as on on surface/on scene grid, along curve, align along X/Y/Z axis, create UV projections, snapping, merge etc.

A video introduction is available here. See the si-community thread linked below for more details.

local backup: quickprimitive_093.xsiaddon

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
origin

Re: quickPrimitive

Post by origin » 11 Dec 2012, 12:48

Bravlin Pechatnik

Post by Bravlin Pechatnik » 09 Dec 2013, 20:44

Hi mr.Origin.
Your plugins is awesome.
So i would like to ask question: can i turn off lights-circle so i have only primitives-circle left.

origin

Post by origin » 10 Dec 2013, 20:05

You can download older version without that feature B-)

eistan

Post by eistan » 18 Mar 2014, 05:37

hi, first i want to say biiiig thank you for this awesome tool! it very help of my works and easy!
and i have a question! is it possible to add some cool feature like dublicate my own object on surface other object, pick on surface and add selected object on surface?
myabe like meshpaint https://vimeo.com/41703655 but his works with more clicks mouse than your tools =) and moooore longer) but we need just duplicate one object and thats all, only drop, not brush and random and other many configures )

Paulrus

Post by Paulrus » 13 Aug 2014, 18:40

I realize it's been quite a while since this was posted, but I was curious if quickPrimitive can use a reference plane for it's coordinates?

I am doing some detailing on an object & using poly, edge or points as an alignment doesn't work. If I could use a reference plane, I think it would work just fine.

Thanks,

Paul

bvmadjen

Post by bvmadjen » 28 Dec 2019, 00:03

sorry for raising a dead thread, but I'm so glad I found this plugin. because the way Softimage makes primitve plugins is maddening.

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 29 Dec 2019, 11:14

nothing dead with softimage, due to is strong back compatibility, often found some old scripts useful here.

Talik

Post by Talik » 24 Jul 2023, 03:18

I don't know why but this plugin is causing random crashes

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 25 Aug 2023, 19:19

Talik wrote: 24 Jul 2023, 03:18 I don't know why but this plugin is causing random crashes
I've just installed this ...
( with no "random crashes" )

And **IF** you are getting "random crashes", it's probably not this,
as you reported getting crashes with barely any addons installed.
( all pretty basic )

from here:
Softimage crashes when modeling
(one of your first posts from ~2 years ago ... where people already suggested deleting your 12 addons one by one until your issue goes away, if at-all related, and if at-all a "real issue" ;) )

But otherwise, if anyone can answer, what I can't figure-out about QuickPrimitive,
is ---> what is the hotkey to bring up the "pie menu" ?
Like we see in the video :

I've used the great "Mesh Paint" from the same author .
MeshPaint
( like "quick primitive", but for arbitrary meshes )

But for just drawing primitives anywhere, at whatever size, this can also be quite nifty.

Cheers !

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 27 Aug 2023, 00:19

what is the hotkey to bring up the "pie menu" ?

Jesus ! it was "in my face" the whole time (lol) --> right-mouse-button hold

it wasn't written anywhere that I could find (?) and that was after trying all keyboard keys like the good old days lol
(with the tool active)

Also BTW , Middle-Mouse creates primitives of the same size / settings as the last, except in one click.