mesh paint

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Mesh Paint v0.95Author: Piotrek Marczak
Updated September 2012 with straight/curved line drawing. Mesh Paint lets you paint meshes or mesh instances interactively on the surface of another mesh. Not only for placing rows of bolts but with every thinkable placement option like follow stroke, stack clones, adjustable spacing, delete overlapping, alignment, randomization, size falloff and mouse position interpolation (for evenly-spaced placement even when painting quickly).

To-be-placed objects are organized in a list with the option of randomizing though the list, or cycling through the list while painting. There's also a »drop« mode for placing indivdual objects more precisely (like a simpler version of Piotrek's QuickPrimive tool).

For more information, visit the si-community thread linked below. Videos available: Introduction, and added features in v0.91 & v0.93. The roses in the thumbnail have been created with a combination of follow stroke/stack clones/ramp scale, moving the mouse around in little circles. For regular spaced placement like the zipper in the thumbnail, turn off the »delete overlapping« option. Source code available here (Check the thread for a newer version of this, too).

local backup: meshpaint_095.xsiaddon

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
origin

Re: mesh paint

Post by origin » 16 Sep 2012, 16:57

yashugan, you need to be more specific, image of what you want to achieve would be helpful.

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 16 Sep 2012, 20:23

Excuse me for my incompelte question.
I explain better:)

I trying to paint rows of objects, but the rows still randomize the position of the objects. I saw in a vimeo video that you painted bullets on a airplane, and the bullets where regular and not randomized. How i can do it? I putted all ZERO value in the randomize window. where i'mdoing a mistake? Thank you!!!!!!!!!

origin

Post by origin » 16 Sep 2012, 20:27

Just scale the brush radius to 0 (r+lmb and drag)

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 16 Sep 2012, 20:50

yeah!!!!!!!!! thank you!!!!!!!!!! simply amazing tool!!!
Just a question, that i'm here: do you have intention to release also the plug in to move textures UV from the mesh? Ishould be a revolution....:)
thank you!

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 19 Sep 2012, 21:22

origin wrote:Just scale the brush radius to 0 (r+lmb and drag)
For some reason this isn't working for me. I can't seem to scale the brush.

Anyone else run into this? Perhaps it's a preference setting or something?

Kerro Perro

Post by Kerro Perro » 19 Sep 2012, 22:57

You're not pressing left and right mouse button at the same time are you?
Maybe a silly question but the line you quoted kinda reads that way...

origin

Post by origin » 19 Sep 2012, 23:01

:) key R+ left mouse button, like the si tweak tool, should work...

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 19 Sep 2012, 23:16

Ah, not a silly question, silly me. That's what I was doing :ymblushing:

Works fine, thanks!

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 20 Sep 2012, 07:33

I'd just like to say, that is one sweet tool! Your best so far IMO. I've been trying it all evening and works perfectly so far.

Like I said, I have just the project waiting for it. Will start on it tomorrow!

Thanks a million! :-bd

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 20 Sep 2012, 08:22

I'm using you tool in these days and it saved to me a lot of time placing trees in the scene! is amazing, thank you again!

Super cool tool.

uhans

Post by uhans » 03 Dec 2012, 12:29

sorry but can you halp me to finde the tool meshpaint ? sorry for this primetive question !!!

Rork

Post by Rork » 03 Dec 2012, 12:44

the download links are on the first page. Don't they work for you??

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

uhans

Post by uhans » 03 Dec 2012, 13:04

non problem with downloading !!! it's in XSI - I can't find the plugin/toolbars after insalation, where I can find this toolbars in XSI

Rork

Post by Rork » 03 Dec 2012, 13:15

It's under the "Edit" dropdown. Rightside menu bar, above the "Freeze" etc. button.

Hope that helps.

rob
SI UI tutorials: Toolbar http://goo.gl/iYOL0l | Custom Layout http://goo.gl/6iP5xQ | RenderManager View http://goo.gl/b4ZkjQ
So long, and thanks for all the Fish!!

uhans

Post by uhans » 03 Dec 2012, 13:37

Rork wrote:It's under the "Edit" dropdown. Rightside menu bar, above the "Freeze" etc. button.

Hope that helps.

rob
Thank You!!!!!!

Falam

Post by Falam » 04 Feb 2013, 01:21

I'm having a bit of an issue with Mesh Paint. I want to paint the cylinder along the inner or outer edge of my object as seen in the image. In the example video where rivets were painted on the plane things worked fluidly, maybe because it's a broad surface (broad as in big area). Things are not working so fluid on my object, I froze the scale on the cylinder and painted, that didn't work, I painted the cylinder at regular size and using meshPaint controls to change the size, that isn't working as I expected either. My theory is, maybe the edge of the object I want to paint onto is too narrow, not as broad (hence the broad example used earlier) ? I hope all is understood :)