found on vimeo: mImage Changer by myara

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

m|ImageChangerAuthor: Martin Yara
Allows to quickly switch the file extentions of all Image Clips matching a given prefix. In the same process converts PSD files using the Photoshop CS5 Automation API, offering various options for output file formats/rescaling/compression. For PIC, use Photoshop Optional Plugins. Using presets is also possible with this addon.

local backup: mImageChanger.xsiaddon

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
owei
Administrator

found on vimeo: mImage Changer by myara

Post by owei » 27 Jul 2012, 17:00

Quote from here:

"Change Image Clips Path
Change your Image Clips to a different file with the same name but different extension.
You could do it with [ external files : search and replace ] option but this way is faster when you only need to change formats.
You can set a name prefix to change only those clips that matches it.

Convert PSDs
Use Photoshop and convert PSDs to different formats such as TIFF, TGA, JPG, etc.
Resize, Alpha and Compression options available to those formats that supports them.
- Compression: TIFF uses LZW, TGA uses RLE, and JPG, Quality 6 (10 with Compression Off).
- Softimage PIC option works with Adobe Optional Plugin or Matthieu Fauqueux PIC plugin. I don't think it would work with another plugin.
- DDS is only experimental. I don't remember exactly what options did I use, it was for a projects from a few months ago. DDS has tons of options. If you can script a little, you could use Photoshop's ScriptListener and edit my VBS file.
The Name prefix feature works also with Convert PSDs, so you can convert only those files that matches your prefix setting.
You can save a preset file in the Addon folder to load your custom settings automatically.
Tested only with Photoshop CS5 64bit. But I think it should work in older versions too."

link:
http://4shared.com/file/DK7BlphB/mImageChanger.html

local attachment:
mImageChanger.rar
(9.94 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Moderator edit: little known "URL tag fact of the day":
if you want to use URL addresses that don't include "www.",
our URL tags only accept them if you do include "http://" in front. - HB