3ptools?? this looks awesome.

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
ximage

3ptools?? this looks awesome.

Post by ximage » 05 Feb 2013, 10:54

http://www.3pointstudios.com/3ptools_lite.shtml

this plugin for max looks so sweet. wonder if it would be possible to make something like this with the new interactive SDK in soft now?

looks very fluid to use. useful for making hard surface models but would be useful for re topo.
wish i had more time and knowledge to maybe have a go at building it.

I would drop a bit of fundage if this was a small kickstarter indie go go project?

whats people thoughts?

csaez

Re: 3ptools?? this looks awesome.

Post by csaez » 05 Feb 2013, 11:25

Anything is possible, but it doesn't looks like a 'weekend project'... There's a lot of work in that tool :)

ximage

Post by ximage » 05 Feb 2013, 11:51

Yeah i can imagine its not an easy tool to make.

TBH i would not have a clue where to start when building something like this. but definitely looks like a very useful bit of kit.

Falam

Post by Falam » 06 Feb 2013, 05:41

This tool does look awesome, Softimage needs this :)

origin

Post by origin » 06 Feb 2013, 16:05

it is doable, only problem is the sdk, which states we shouldn't write topo ops, he he... :|
in max its very simple cause you got no operators, you write directly a mesh description. Of course if you want later delete few op you made by a mistake, you're f*cked.

Falam

Post by Falam » 06 Feb 2013, 16:19

origin wrote:it is doable, only problem is the sdk, which states we shouldn't write topo ops, he he... :|
in max its very simple cause you got no operators, you write directly a mesh description. Of course if you want later delete few op you made by a mistake, you're fucked.
If I understand you correctly, because you can't undo the topology OPs if a mistake happens it leads to, well you put it so nicely :), you're f*cked.

http://youtu.be/nWRxPDhd3d0
(you may or may not find it funny, good movie)

Moderator edit - Our youtube tags ONLY accept the ID (in this case: nWRxPDhd3d0 ) - HB