EMfluid3 question

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
Hackney

EMfluid3 question

Post by Hackney » 23 Mar 2010, 18:40

Hi peeps - not entirely sure if this is the right place for this question but i'll ask anyway....

using Emfluid3, with a very large amount of burn positions - 1million plus - but i'm getting very obvious voxel boxes - and i'm wondering what the procedure is for getting rid of them. Is it purely make the vocels smaller and take the hit on time or am i missing something obvious?

thanks in advance if anyone has any tips.....

Hackney.

Mootzoid
Administrator

Re: EMfluid3 question

Post by Mootzoid » 24 Mar 2010, 12:46

Hello Hackney,

The burn positions are created per voxel => the more burn positions you create the more you see the voxels.

A possible workaround:
Instead of making the voxels smaller (which results in significant longer calculation times) I would suggest to "blur" the burn positions (see attached picture).

Some words concerning the parameter settings of the "Random Value" node:
1) In order to get a different random value for each position I simply use the square length as the ID.
2) The parameter "Distribution Type" is set to "Gaussian".
3) Time varying is enabled.
4) The parameter "Variance" can be set to any value. Higher values produce more randomness.

Hope this helps you a little or at least gives you some ideas!

Cheers,
Eric
Attachments
emFluid3_RandomizeBurnPositions.jpg
emFluid3_RandomizeBurnPositions.jpg (141.37 KiB) Viewed 1763 times

Hackney

Post by Hackney » 24 Mar 2010, 14:40

Thanks for that Eric, i needed to put a scalar multiply in between the squared length and the round as i was getting some odd banded behaviour which i put down to lots of the lengths being rounded to the same number - this has fixed the problem for me. Before posing the question i had tried a simple turbulize around value between the Emfluid3_Main and the Emfluid3_Particle Emitter which either forced the simulation time to go crazy - or generate 0 burn position particles so i'm assumign somethign very different is goin on inside the random value node.

As an aside i would just like to say that emfluid3 and emrpc are superb plugins, - well done and thank you,

Hackney.

Mootzoid
Administrator

Post by Mootzoid » 24 Mar 2010, 14:51

Glad to hear that :)

Take care!
Eric