ET_ControlSetup v1.25

Discussions concerning plugins for SOFTIMAGE©
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

ET_ControlSetup v1.25

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 May 2010, 15:25

Eric Thivierge ("EricTRocks") just released ET_ControlSetup v1.25
This plug-in imports controllers and constrains the selected objects to the imported copy of the control. You have the option to constrain by Position, Orientation, Scale, and Pose. You can optionally select the “Import” button and have the control imported and placed at world 0.
And some further explanation from the XSIBase:
These are for adding controls to your rigs or objects. So say you have an Effector for an IK chain you need to position constrain. You also need to make a controller for it as well. So this plug-in supplies controllers and automatically adds the constraints. I use this while I rig a lot. Just simplifies the process and I don't have to rebuild my various control objects each time I go to rig. I also don't need to import a model which contains all my controls and manually duplicate them either.

The plug-in is dynamic in that if you add a new controller and image file as documented in the add-on help, the next time you open the PPG for the add-on it will have added your new controls. This is expandable by the end user. I've included the .psd file to allow you to create the buttons for your custom controls.
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: ET_ControlSetup v1.25

Post by Hirazi Blue » 04 May 2010, 09:12

This plugin has already been updated to version 1.3 & EricTRocks started a separate thread about it here

Consequently I am closing this thread and expect further posts on this topic to be done in that aforementioned thread...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!