Implosia FX - new ICE based shatter

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
j3st3r

Re: Implosia FX - new ICE based shatter

Post by j3st3r » 16 Apr 2014, 18:11

Hey Guys,

Is this issue solved? This part would be one of the most importatn thing we need now...

Mr.Core

Post by Mr.Core » 16 Apr 2014, 19:54

I've recorded some time ago how to assign any UVs on inner faces and sent it in PM , but i forgot to post it here, sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMWcz7_O7E
Does it work for you ?

duveil

Post by duveil » 15 Dec 2015, 15:44

ifx4.jpg
Hi ..I wonder if anyone help me to figure out how to use weight map with impolsia 4.5.
I have downloaded a demo version 4.5 and I read the pdf(which is for 2.0) .And watched "Impolsia FX 2.0 Basics" video .I could find the "In A Object" input for "IFX Slicer" Under Global settings.

Thank in advance.

Mr.Core

Post by Mr.Core » 15 Dec 2015, 17:18

The 4.5 is actually slightly updated 2.0 build which is named by Momentum actual version which is 4.5.
You have to put the decomposed object in the A slot to slice it. I think this is the attribute you set in the right part of screenshot right after the decompose topo compound. Just get that attribute and connect to the A slot to slice it out by some geo.

duveil

Post by duveil » 15 Dec 2015, 18:45

Hi..
Mr. Core I know it is very silly of me but I couldn't find it.Here is what I have done
1- Created a cube and put some uv on it.Then freeze history and translation.
2- Select cube from IFX panel and "Create Proxy to Paint".Freeze it ,then paint a WM after that "Assign Paint-Marker To Proxy"
3- Select "Proxy_Cube" and "Cube" from IFX panel "Create Base Setup".IFX_result created
4- Select ""IFX _result" and ""Add Partial Fracture Setup"

than added "IFX Voronoi Fracture" and "IFX Get Knife From Painted Object"

I am really sorry but I couldn't figure out by myself.It would be great if you look at the ice tree and point the mistake I have done
Thank alot
Attachments
ifx4Cube.jpg

Robertl

Post by Robertl » 15 Dec 2015, 18:51

Hi,

is it still possible to buy Implosia 4.5 and Momentum 4.5? I have found only Momentum 3 on exocortex website.

Thanks
Robert

duveil

Post by duveil » 15 Dec 2015, 18:59

@robertl you can check this

http://shop.exocortex.com/products/momentum-4

Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB

Robertl

Post by Robertl » 15 Dec 2015, 19:09

Thanks!

Mr.Core

Post by Mr.Core » 16 Dec 2015, 18:07

@duveil
no need to sorry, i realize that stuff is not very user-friendly, but i cant do it more usable mainly because of the sdk restrictions.
The overall workflow for painting fracutre mask for the latest version is:
1) select your mesh, press "Create proxy to paint" , this will create a copy of your mesh with subdivision compound applied , you have to press "enable" on this compound to actually subdivide the proxy. Necessary to do this because painting of vertexmaps requires some vertices to work with
2) once subdivided, freeze it and apply a weight map (either via the menu or by factory ways )
3) paint some mask, apply "Assign Paint marker to proxy" which will generate a set of red dots and polygonize them into the knife-geo, select a proper source for these dots, either your weightmap or maybe any texture as shown in the tutorial video.
4) Now create an ICE setup, where you have to build something like shown on the attached pic: it will cut a piece of the input geometry, you can do with that piece what you like, i have inserted the voronoi fracturer for example.

hope this helps
440b6e9dafc447d5e56a6ff22840e06e.jpg

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 17 Dec 2015, 22:30

Didn't Momentum(without Implosia) had some command to give material to inner faces, I think i remember something like that.