Spectrum Wave Custom ICE Node

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

WaveToSpectrumAuthor: Claude Vervoort
In case someone is interested, I've set up a Custom ICE Node that uses simple WAVE file loader and feeds it in a Fast Fourier Transform to get a Spectrum decomposition.

I've checked in the code on Github. I am by no mean a C++ expert nor a Softimage Plugin developer on that matter! So mileage may vary, better use a plain vanilla stereo WAVE (the one generated by Itunes worked for me), And I'd appreciate anything I would have missed or done wrongly.
[..]

Cont'd on si-community. For visuals, see the demo, this introduction and this tutorial.

local backup: wave_spectrum.xsiaddon

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
sant0s

Re: Spectrum Wave Custom ICE Node

Post by sant0s » 16 Feb 2018, 15:44

Hey all,

I know, its a very old topic, but since I again just wanted o use the plugin, I struggle with the installing process.

I tried both ways, the xsiaddon only and the DLL only (and of course all mixed up ^^).

I realised, that when I install the DLL and than open the scene, the outputs are all correct and I can load a file.
Since its not working with a custom wav yet, I tried the sine.wav - that leads to a crash of softimage.

I installed the dll into the user root (tried workgroup also) to .....Addons\WaveToSpectrum\Application\Plugins\bin\nt-x86-64

Am I am doing something wrong?
I already used that plugin some years ago and I dont know why I am doing wrong now...

Thanks,
sant0s

claudevervoort

Post by claudevervoort » 16 Feb 2018, 22:00

Very old indeed! I've not launched softimage for years (sad). I remember this was finicky when it comes to the WAV, but if you used the embedded sin.wav, and the xsiaddon, not sure what is wrong. I'll try to see if this week end I can resurrect XSI for a few minutes and see if it works 'on my machine' :)

Claude

sant0s

Post by sant0s » 16 Feb 2018, 22:09

Hey Claude,

thanks, that would be super nice!

sant0s :)

edit: btw. I am on 2015 SP2, if that makes any differents.

Bennyhase

Post by Bennyhase » 09 May 2018, 11:54

Hi, today searching for such a plugin, i´ve the same problems to install it on 2015 (not SP2). Both variants .xsiaddon and .dll will not work. Can you help ? (i know, it´s very old, but useful)