ICE- Scaling problem

Discussions about SOFTIMAGEs© Interactive Creative Environment©
Bullit

ICE- Scaling problem

Post by Bullit » 06 Apr 2014, 10:44

What is the best way to scale a building in ICE?

I need for that windows, chimney's etc of that building get bigger, but their centers remain in same position. It must look like the building is scaled in all directions with various centers instead of from object center.

Pancho

Re: ICE- Scaling problem

Post by Pancho » 06 Apr 2014, 12:19

Pretty tough to say since you didn't give us an idea on how you created the building! Are all windows instances or do did you get a ready made mesh with all stuff mixed up? In case of instances the shouldn't be anything more simple to do that.

If you have all the windows in one mesh, then you would need to seperate them into polygon islands. I remeber one of Erics tools is quite good a doing this. Probably there is also a script, but keep in mind that this can turn out pretty slowly.

In Modo you can scale objects and meshes with a local axis. This takes polygon islands into account, probably it's easier to do it there and then go back to SI with the mesh.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 06 Apr 2014, 12:49

Everything is same mesh.
I think i'll check how the thickness compounds are made since they make the scaling that i want.

Pancho

Post by Pancho » 06 Apr 2014, 13:02

THickness and scaling are two seperate things. One is likely to add geometry, the other one just changes the scale.

Bullit

Post by Bullit » 06 Apr 2014, 13:15

I know but the external mesh when the thickness is made to outside is what i need.