Switch between PPG items

Discussions concerning programming of SOFTIMAGE©
Bravlin Pechatnik

Switch between PPG items

Post by Bravlin Pechatnik » 27 Feb 2014, 15:41

Hi.
A couple days ago i just mention that there is no hotkeys that helps switching between PPG items.
I mean there is no functional hotkey in Softimage that switching between the PPG items just like the TAB hotkey in Windows do.
For example it would be greate to apply bevel\extrude\push etc , press hotkey and scroll it's value in PPG.
It's faster then each time after you use modelling tool, point to its PPG item with mouse.
I tried to find something similar in documentation but can't find "active" attribute for PPG item.
Is there any way to add this functionality to softimage ?
Some script, plug-in or something ?

sonictk

Re: Switch between PPG items

Post by sonictk » 02 Mar 2014, 18:12

Bravlin Pechatnik wrote:Hi.
A couple days ago i just mention that there is no hotkeys that helps switching between PPG items.
I mean there is no functional hotkey in Softimage that switching between the PPG items just like the TAB hotkey in Windows do.
For example it would be greate to apply bevel\extrude\push etc , press hotkey and scroll it's value in PPG.
It's faster then each time after you use modelling tool, point to its PPG item with mouse.
I tried to find something similar in documentation but can't find "active" attribute for PPG item.
Is there any way to add this functionality to softimage ?
Some script, plug-in or something ?
http://xsisupport.com/2013/06/25/fun-wi ... tcut-keys/

Is this what you mean? I find it works fine for me...

luceric

Post by luceric » 02 Mar 2014, 18:22

it's confusing, but what i think he's saying is that when you do an operation that pops a ppg, like a bevel, the keyboard focus is not on the first item (which is a good thing, because otherwise your selection hotkeys would not work), and there is indeed no hotkey to do that.

IMHO, the actual solution to that is not have need a ppg, like CTRL+D for extrude, imho, or have a manipulator like other apps have for Bevel.

Once the property page has keyboard focus, you can certainly use TAB to move between items.

Bravlin Pechatnik

Post by Bravlin Pechatnik » 02 Mar 2014, 20:24

luceric :D yes, it's exactly what i mean.
well it's great to have such manipulators but there is alot of tools deformers etc in softimage and all of them can be solved by one solution.
Just make tab button works like it do in windows.
So there is no need to add it's own manipulator fore each tool .

I am not a jscript or phyton programmer. I just can't do that.