SiScatter

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

SiScatter 2.0Author: Julien Carmagnac
A scattering plugin from Julien Carmagnac, author of »Instance On Curve«. SiScatter offers a high level of control over the scatter placement:

This scatter tool distributes particles based on the »emTool _ Equal Distribution on Surface« Compound from Eric Mootz (thank you Eric !). I tweak this compound to work together with »Delete Particles Near to Boundaries Edges«, »remove closest geometry« and »remove inside filter« compounds.

This tool build an ICE Tree and create a custom property under the point cloud object to tweak all ICE parameters. So you can edit entirely your scattering without open your ICE Tree. List of avalaible modifiers: color by gradient color by shape id color by texture map filter by boundary edge filter by closest geo filter by fractal filter by random
[..]

Continue reading in the si-community thread. Video demo here.

local backup: siScatter.xsiaddon

Werner

Re: SiScatter

Post by Werner » 25 Jul 2014, 13:41

Thanks. Great tool!

For some crazy reason I don't get the new camera filter. Downloaded from the link on the first page. How can I check the version nr?

El Burritoh

Post by El Burritoh » 25 Jul 2014, 14:04

Ah... I don't think Julien updated the download link in this thread. The version I have I got straight from him for testing the camera filter. I'm sure he'll update the download but if not I'll share the version I have.
-Tim Crowson
High Nerd, of the Order of Magnetic Nerds
Personal Website

julca

Post by julca » 25 Jul 2014, 14:35

You can look on your plug-in manager :
On the "Tree" tab -> "siScatter (Addon)" -> "Plug-ins" -> "siScatter" : right click -> "Properties..."
You may find "major version" : 1 and "minor version" 4.

I will also check my download link.

Werner

Post by Werner » 25 Jul 2014, 14:37

El Burritoh wrote:Ah... I don't think Julien updated the download link in this thread. The version I have I got straight from him for testing the camera filter. I'm sure he'll update the download but if not I'll share the version I have.
The camera filter would be a great addition. Thanks, I will keep my eye on this thread.

Werner

Post by Werner » 25 Jul 2014, 14:39

julca wrote:You can look on your plug-in manager :
On the "Tree" tab -> "siScatter (Addon)" -> "Plug-ins" -> "siScatter" : right click -> "Properties..."
You may find "major version" : 1 and "minor version" 4.

I will also check my download link.
Checked the version and it is v. 1.3

julca

Post by julca » 25 Jul 2014, 14:51

You're right, the link was not updated. I just (re)update it.
Now you should have the right version.

Let me now and thank you.

Werner

Post by Werner » 25 Jul 2014, 15:02

Thanks Julien. It works perfectly.

The camera filter is a must have!

Thanks again.

Werner

Post by Werner » 11 Aug 2014, 21:31

Hi Julien,

I'm getting memory leak when loading a scene with siscatter. Is this a known bug?

I don't have the scene info infront of me now but rendering with Arnold and SI 2014 SP2 builds up render time quickly.

I will see if I can narrow it down and get back to you.

julca

Post by julca » 12 Aug 2014, 15:21

Hi Werner,
Do you mean when you open an xsi scene with siscatter you have memory problem ? Or during rendering only ?

When you open a scene, xsi update all operators and also ICE operators.
If you have a big mesh emitter with high value on "accuracy" parameter and uses with a combination of "inset"/"closest"/"inside" filters, it can take few moments before update.
And probably eat some memory during this time.

As a temporary workaround I suggest you freeze your siscatter ICE Tree pointCloud in your current working scene.
(by ensuring that you have previously exported a model version of your siScatter for future adjustments)

Hope this can help you.

eistan

Post by eistan » 18 Aug 2014, 10:43

Hi, i have a some bug in big scene.. when i create big grid and add scatter with trees at first its fine, but after some time and it is not clear for what reasons there are giant trees right in the middle of the grid, one from each object.. and I do not know what to do.. i try restart xsi, readd scatter, change frame, freeze ice, nothing, after some time bug is back ((
on image, trees on grid which very small its a real size scene, supposed some forest =) and this bug-trees you can see a very big..

julca

Post by julca » 18 Aug 2014, 10:51

Hello eistan,

This is a strange behavior, can you try to replace your tree by an simple cube and send me a model that show this bug (without freeze ice).

Thanks.

eistan

Post by eistan » 18 Aug 2014, 11:13

julca, hah! when I clean the scene of unnecessary objects (houses, roads) so that less weighed and this bug is gone! )) wtf? anyway i try to clean scene and to keep this bug...

julca

Post by julca » 18 Aug 2014, 11:27

Can you enable all "Generic" check box ("shape" tab on properties) just to see if you have your big tree display in viewport ?

eistan

Post by eistan » 18 Aug 2014, 12:07

if it enabled big tree is gone, and if it turn on big tree is back again(

yashugan

Post by yashugan » 16 Aug 2016, 22:09

Thank for this plug in, is fantastic. I would like to know one thing please:
I tryed to use a texture like filter, but i'm not able in any way to write the "string" inside the TEXTURE name box.
So for example, i have in the scene a texture called ROCK.psd what i have to write in the texture box to point tothis texture?
I tryed all, but i never found the way to make it work .CAn some one help me please? Thank you!

NNois

Post by NNois » 16 Aug 2016, 23:50

don't know really about this setting but this is likely to be an ICE TEXTURE MAP lookup.
So, there is a big chance you need to reference a softimage TEXTURE MAP (not a texture)

here an explanation http://softimage.wiki.softimage.com/xsi ... eColor.htm