there is a version 2.0. For what's new, there is a (really short) change log at the end of post. Beside that, a few additional notes:
- This version has a lot of nested compounds, so this time, compounds definitively needs to be 'installed' - they should reside in folder that Softimage recognizes on load. As usually, kH compounds will create own task, called 'k Hair2', and won't interfere with the rest of ICE stuff, in any way. Sample models will still works just by importing.
- From 'visual' enhancements, probably the first noticeable is a transparency on strands, together with gradient driven by turbulence. Also, default distribution for hair emitters is a proportionally randomized, diagonal grid - for now, random effect isn't so wild. Old random, distribution is still available.
- Setup with Strand Dynamics Framework (the one from movie at start of this thread)...... isn't there, anymore. This was a very, very 'conditional' setup, with a very low chance to survive revisions. But, there is a setup that utilizes the strand extrusions created by Helge Mathee's strand addon. Basically, setup will stick the strands back to frozen meshes. That allows a lot of new possibilities: styling strands by using the standard mesh tools, simulating the mesh with Syflex or SICloth. Also it's possible to use modifiers, such as Bend and Curls, *after* sticking to mesh, blend back to original shape... and render all that with motion blur - setup will take a few more attributes, than just positions.
- And finally, there is a description of all important nodes, in one huge HTML file.
Downloads:Softimage sample models, ICE compounds, docsOnline docs
Short change log for version 2.0
FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed issue with 'filler' point cloud, that some strands disappear in rendering, when point positions on filler cloud were too close to guides.
- kH Subdivide Strands is about ten times faster in interaction. Now it uses a different way for curve creation.
- kH Cross Sections is re-written from scratch. Now it will adapt automatically to used NURBS surfaces. Added option for filtering, by using another NURBS surface.
- kH Follow NURBS has a new way for using the alternative strand array. Also, now it's able 'extend' it's influence outside of Y(V) of surface.
- kH Follow Curves is re-written from scratch. Also it has a new interface for connections.
- kH Offset Curves node has a few new options (align profile to tangent, clump effect), also a new interface for connections.
- kH Curls has additional, 'roll' option for rotating a whole deformation, along strand tangent. Also it can invert the basic deformation.
- All emitters have built-in grid type emission. Old, random emission is still available. There is unique interface for both emission types.
- kH Point Color is able to display alpha (transparent strands) in view ports.
- kH Bend is re-written from scratch, now it's possible to use multiple kH Bend nodes, one after another, or together with other modifiers.
- 'Point Dynamics' is simplified, should be much more accurate in conversion from point to strand movement.
- Numerous other improvements.
- kH Strand Tips: combined node for creating random deformations on hair tips.
- kH Splay Fur
- kH Strand Screen Size In SI Units
- kH Follow NURBS m(ultiple)
- kH Stick To Strand Extrusion