Kristinka Hair 2.0

izze

Re: Kristinka Hair 2.0

Post by izze » 18 Feb 2011, 17:02

I just replaced all my Kristinka nodes with the latest version to make sure I was using the most recent. After looking at RRay's scene, I find that he is getting the taper from the shader transparency. I am currently using a shader that does not have transparency, so I have to rely on the fCurve. Using the standard fCurve and ShapeSizeAbsolute will keep me working for now.

Still loving these tools. Can't work without them now.

rray

Post by rray » 18 Feb 2011, 18:42

Yes I forgot to remove the shader transparency option - also I finally see what you mean now - I've never noticed before the thickness never goes below ~1 Pixels when you use Anto's Strand Size in SI Units compound.
I just checked this again and I think this is what the "Min Screen" parameter in that compound is for, it's like a minimal tapering width. I just tested it, set it to 0.1, removed the transparency - and it seems to work like it should now!
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

izze

Post by izze » 18 Feb 2011, 19:00

Yes, Perfect! And I agree, the rendering results do look better with the Screen Size method. The taper looks much more accurate along stand length. Many thanks.

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 19 Feb 2011, 11:38

well, nice if it works! As RRay said, 'min screen size' is for keeping the strand size at some 'screen' maximum.

BTW, there is a nice post about this stuff, by Moritz Moeller ('Mauritius', author of Affogato translator for XSI). It's mainly for 3delight, don't know does it all applies to MR too. Anyway, he also talking about 'screen size', in some very advanced way.

duxen

Post by duxen » 29 Jun 2011, 00:06

Hi Mathaeus

I'm having a problem when I use the "init meshuv emmiter" compound and assign the uvs, as you can see in the image http://duxen.wordpress.com/testing/ seems that the seams are still connected but as you can see in the uv of the texture editor they are not, what could be causing this?, thanks!

Mathaeus

Post by Mathaeus » 29 Jun 2011, 02:05

duxen wrote:Hi Mathaeus

I'm having a problem when I use the "init meshuv emmiter" compound and assign the uvs, as you can see in the image http://duxen.wordpress.com/testing/ seems that the seams are still connected but as you can see in the uv of the texture editor they are not, what could be causing this?, thanks!
hi,

a 'real' seam on mesh should be disconnected too.
Btw, in upcoming v 3.0 (hope it will be out this or next weekend), there won't be this procedure anymore, as it seems this produces more problems than benefits (benefit is only one emitting mesh) . I'm planning to replace it by tangent map and copy of mesh for deformation (so tangent map could be frozen).

cheers

dmetren

Post by dmetren » 20 Jul 2011, 13:00

tell please, how to use weight map for tweaking some kristinka node parameters