Blender to Softimage Stylized ICE shader crossover (Here's HOW!)

Links and discussions concerning tutorials
sirdavid32

Blender to Softimage Stylized ICE shader crossover (Here's HOW!)

Post by sirdavid32 » 06 Oct 2020, 17:31

The #Blender #Stylized ice shader that I am developing can be sent to #Softimage via the .GES import/export addon developed by Shekn.
You can export static meshes, hierarchies, materials, and textures from Blender to Softimage. Simply install both addons and export/import from each application.

Particularly I am very impressed that even the VORONOI procedural texture reached Softimage.
Since we don't have this specific way to represent the NORMAL node, the shader was ported without this parameter (and thus the network connected to it, never reached Softimage,
to aliviate a corrupt shader/file) and I support this decision from Shekn.

Thank you so much, Shekn!

For everyone else wanting to install SYCles for Softimage, I also did a video about How to INSTALL CYCLES for Softimage video:

Shekn

Re: Blender to Softimage Stylized ICE shader crossover (Here's HOW!)

Post by Shekn » 07 Oct 2020, 18:10

The normal node is correctly transfer from Blender to Softimage. This is an example. At the bottom shader in the Blender, in the top corresponding shader imported to Softimage.
node_tree.png
May be the reason of loosing several nodes not in this node, but in something else. Please, share the blend-file, and I will try to understand, why not all shader nodes are transferred.

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 27 Oct 2020, 10:48

Thank you for your reply Shekn.
Ok, I will pack both scenes : Blender and Softimage and put the link here. Thank you for all your support on this addon for Softimage.
Also, question: the SHADER TO RGB works with eevee. Since we don't have eevee on Softimage, how does that get interpreted as a node?

Shekn

Post by Shekn » 27 Oct 2020, 11:58

This shader node simply ignored. Also the converter ignores the Specular node.