Wulfen Space Marine

Comments on work in progress
Nizar

Wulfen Space Marine

Post by Nizar » 26 Mar 2011, 19:27

Sometime ago I did this model entirely in Zbrush, because I would try if prototyping was a real alternative to real sculpt (I doing sculptor in real life):

But I'm not so happy about rendering (in any case I don't search and want realism rendering but more art/paint like image).
Now I rescue this model and I want doing a more better rendering and animate it in XSI, so I start to rebuild and retopology (where possible) it:

critics and comments are all welcome (be sincere and cruel, don't worry, I do not offend :)

shadow_ex_

Re: Wulfen Space Marine

Post by shadow_ex_ » 27 Mar 2011, 23:58

i like a lot^^great work :D
the only thing i have to say is that the legs armor is a bit simple compared with the rest
but then again im not sure how a space marine is supposed to look :-o

Nizar

Re: Wulfen Space Marine

Post by Nizar » 28 Mar 2011, 12:46

Games Workshop style is Gothic and detailed (too detailed)
Agree, legs are less detailed, but sincerely I tired about and original gamesworkshop artwork and miniatures have a not more detailed legs, so I don't touch it again :) In particular, Wulfen are a mixture space marine and werewolf
I caged head with another new modelling yesterday, more human and, more important, more topological correct (so I will animate)
Now I must uwrap the model (oh, my God! terrible and tired experience....) then zbrush for a little sculpt (head and and hands) and paint, so export normal maps and painted uv, rigging, pose the model, add hair some rendering test and finally try the animation :)