DKM_Battleship_Bismarck

Comments on work in progress
geoath

DKM_Battleship_Bismarck

Post by geoath » 27 Jun 2011, 01:33

hi!
I've started to work on this famous WWII German Battleship and this is what I've done till now..
I've almost finished blocking the most basic parts of the superstructure and now i can continue on refining their shapes and adding detail.
the truth is that this is my second attempt with the specific ship (but i decided to start from scratch again), in my first one my reference was poor and i ended it after some time.. at least this time i "know" better the ship!
this time i have good blueprints so i hope it'll keep me interested till the end :)

i know it's too early for any comments or critics, but you can wish me... good luck with this ..monster B-)
Attachments
Bismarck_WIP_user_viewport.jpg
Bismarck_WIP_user_viewport.jpg (133.89 KiB) Viewed 1922 times

ActionArt

Re: DKM_Battleship_Bismarck

Post by ActionArt » 27 Jun 2011, 18:07

Good luck on that monster!!! :D

Looks like a great start to me. That is a pretty significant challenge. I've thought about trying a battleship a few times but that's as far as I got, thinking about it.

Keep us posted. Looks very interesting.

pie

Post by pie » 28 Jun 2011, 11:19

As a physical ship modeller as well as a 3d guy, I would say check out the "Anatomy of the ship" series of books, pretty sure they do a Bismark, they go into very exacting detail.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battleship-Bis ... 747&sr=8-2

Alen

Post by Alen » 30 Jun 2011, 07:35

Good luck! Waiting progress ;)