Another Spitfire WIP

Comments on work in progress
ActionArt

Re: Another Spitfire WIP

Post by ActionArt » 16 Jul 2012, 17:43

Here's the latest:

and higher-res: http://www.actionart.ca/ForumPics/DonT4b.jpg

Thanks to mattmos, I've got a bit more realistic ground color and I hope the grass color saturation is bit better. The pilot really liked the fire flash he flew through so I worked on that a bit to get it to blend better. He said it "looked just like it" so I'll go with that, him seeing it first hand and all. It's a bit distracting perhaps but dramatic too.

I gave the smoke a bit more twist like Dan suggested but I found if I went too far it looked a bit odd, maybe being that close to the ground has something to do with it.

I'm supposed to take a print to the pilot for signing this weekend so this is close to as done as it's going to get :)

Thanks to everyone for the help! :D

mattmos

Post by mattmos » 17 Jul 2012, 11:21

Lighting definitely feels more unified in this one, I like the slightly darker aspect, kind of vignette around the action. Only thing I think I'd add is some very slight directional blur on the fire itself (he's flying through it right?). Nice job!

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 17 Jul 2012, 15:32

You're right. Thanks! :)
Last edited by ActionArt on 24 Jul 2012, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

ActionArt

Post by ActionArt » 24 Jul 2012, 16:01

Worked on the lighting a bit more with this one along with some work on the AO pass. I think the grass/crop looks better now and I can see the fence which was getting lost before. Still working on the fire blur. Not getting the results I want as easily as I thought...

http://www.actionart.ca/ForumPics/DonT6b.jpg