Match sim with emfluid4 + bafluid shader

Comments on work in progress
owei
Administrator

Re: Match sim with emfluid4 + bafluid shader

Post by owei » 08 Jan 2014, 14:59

..well..I´ll try once more.
1. As you use "create particles at flamepositions" in the particle emitter compound you have particles in you scene. They are automatically emitted by emF4 AND advected! So switch them off!
2. go into the emFluid4_Main compound and switch on "visualize grid cells"
3. dig into the emFluid4 Solver compound (open it up with the little "e") and go into the debug compound
4. decrease the velocity value to zero, so that you left with waste at 1.
5. if you now play back, you should get a representation of what is going on in your waste grid
6. adjust the the waste epsilon cut-off in the solver compound.. or use a manual box
7. simulation time will increase, because emFluid has to calculate more stuff because of a lowered cut-off
8. if you decrease the cell size, simulation will change also..it´s a common problem of grid based fluid solvers like emFl4
9. changing simulations due to higher resolutions has nothing (at least a little) to do with the automatic box...what you mean is some kind of detail enhancement which is not supported by emfluid4. Re-simulation is something different..

hope this helps..

caledonian_tartan

Post by caledonian_tartan » 08 Jan 2014, 15:19

hi owei

thank you very much for your feedback!
as i believe i'm using one of your examples as a base of my scene, many of this stuff is already tweaked the right way :-)

1. i never had "particle emitter" in my setup. deleted that quite soon... is it better to keep it and switching off?
2. i did quite a few times already, to check the grids behaviour.
3. had it like this
4. had it like this
5. yeah the blue points
6. yes, tried that. helped a bit, but did not completely solve the issue...
7. ok
8. what a pity...
9. ok
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 08 Jan 2014, 16:04

...no, if there is no emitter, it´s OK...there WERE particles in the image you posted before, right ;)

So if you have everything setup correctly, you should be able to see if your waste is cutted off or not...I guess you try render values that are already cutted off by the alpha box.
So you will have to tweak the display to get correct visualization for that..so set higher values than one in the debug compound for the waste...something like 10 or so..

cheers,
oli

caledonian_tartan

Post by caledonian_tartan » 08 Jan 2014, 16:27

...there WERE particles...
this was a little side test, sorry for the confusion.

no succsess with changing the value.
here's a test scene if you like.

after frame 20 it begins to interfere with the top of the bounding box. as the rendering(ba_fluid) does too.
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 08 Jan 2014, 17:09

I see...so the only chance is to use the the manual alpha box as limit.
If trying with automtic box, maybe also give waste damping value..also lower the follow velocity value in the behavior compound..maybe fiddle around with that. You might also try to lower the velocity cut-off...dig into the solver compound and play with the fluid-box values (value and velocity). Maybe use a higher subframe sampling..(delete simulation stack, add a simed ICE tree again, then you´ll get the property..).

caledonian_tartan

Post by caledonian_tartan » 08 Jan 2014, 19:31

hey owei
i'm on the emFluid5 beta now, so let's pretend those posts never happened and see you over there!
thanks anyway
SI 2015 @ WIN7-64