Pisser Assassin - Animatic

Comments on work in progress
xsi_fanatic

Pisser Assassin - Animatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 21 Jul 2013, 06:04

Hello to all SI users :)

I hope this finds you well. I just thought I'd share the end result of the animatic for my animated short. Please do share your critiques and feedback if you have any. I'd prefer more feedback than compliments.

https://vimeo.com/70711880

As for my own comments, here's what I have to say:

1- The story plot has been well established; Now I know how the story and animation is going to proceed
2- Next I need to do the scene layout, this includes Lighting to make it render ready
3- I will be changing some of the Sound Effects for better ones, as some are only temporary
4- After spending quite sometime on the final animatic, I did notice the timing can definitely be shortened on certain shots
5- I'm not entirely sure about the last shot (#24) after the ending credits. If anyone else has better ideas, feel free to share or suggest a change
6- Last, the name of this short will be Pisser Assassin =))

If you're a ninja fan like me, then you should be able to know what title the BG music is originaly from :D

Looking forward to your responses.

Cheers,
XF

Draise

Re: Pisser Assassin - Animatic

Post by Draise » 22 Jul 2013, 19:43

HAHAHAHAH!! :))

That's great! The troll got trolled by a troll! Reminds me of Youtube.

Intro credits I thought were maybe a bit long. Also the credits in the dark part with the sound effects, was good, but I nearly missed the ending due to it being so long and switching tabs. Maybe a slight.. tiny... visual cue from the blackness, looney-toon style, would be a good idea (like stars and spots flying out with the sound effects, splatter of blood on the screen, the samurai sword flying away with bees chasing it and chopping the credits into two, etc).

But I found it very funny, can't wait to see the final animation! :-bd

xsi_fanatic

Re: Pisser Assassin - Animatic

Post by xsi_fanatic » 22 Jul 2013, 21:08

Draise wrote:HAHAHAHAH!! :))

That's great! The troll got trolled by a troll! Reminds me of Youtube.

Intro credits I thought were maybe a bit long. Also the credits in the dark part with the sound effects, was good, but I nearly missed the ending due to it being so long and switching tabs. Maybe a slight.. tiny... visual cue from the blackness, looney-toon style, would be a good idea (like stars and spots flying out with the sound effects, splatter of blood on the screen, the samurai sword flying away with bees chasing it and chopping the credits into two, etc).

But I found it very funny, can't wait to see the final animation! :-bd
Draise that was a really good feedback. I'm giving your opinion into priority :)

Thank you and glad you like it ! :)