Carl Wheezer sings

Comments on work in progress
Shredder565

Carl Wheezer sings

Post by Shredder565 » 09 Jan 2014, 05:35

just a side project to have some fun...

Wish I had a team of artists so I can get crowds of cartoon characters in the audience :)..

as it is, with this one.....I'm trying to focus on the performance and facial expressions a little more. With a crowd of cartoon characters to interact with though, it'd give me more of a performance than just him and a mic :)

First one to recognize where I stole the stage design from wins :)

Shredder565

Re: Carl Wheezer sings

Post by Shredder565 » 14 Jan 2014, 04:22

2 hours of carl wheezer fixups....Now to set up his facial features again.

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 19 Jan 2014, 19:30

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 30 Jan 2014, 16:08

This is the second run through. I've got an idea of what his movements are going to be like....except for a small 20 second patch.
So, things left to do are:
Finish set design.
Finish Lip Synch
and try and refine his movements.

I'd love to be able to add things like spotlight glare, but In all my 5 years, I've never messed with anything more than the basics.

the whole idea of this project is to try and evolve it so it looks GOOD. it's time to try and find ways to get up to the next level, since I don't think many colleges teach SoftImage...and I'm to old to learn a new program like maya :).

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 05 Feb 2014, 17:38

the video got update... OK

So, I know what I want him to do during the video now.
Now comes the real problem...how to make it look natural, and good, and take it to the next level....That's what I need to know how to figure out....otherwise, it'll just look like all the other stuff....not sure where to start.

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 15 Feb 2014, 07:59

almost done... need to come up with a good look for the back of the stage area.....and rework that last scene, and I think at my current skill level, this is as good as I'll ever get.

luceric

Post by luceric » 16 Feb 2014, 23:06

Hello, I'm not familiar with Jimmy Neutron, can you give a bit more background about what you're doing here? Is this a totally new animation you are making, or is it a remake of a scene from an existing work?

Watch out for those skating feet!

What I think would be nice is some kind of grayscale, perhaps even a clay render of the performance. It's hard to tell what's going on in places due to lack of shading (or toon outlines) on things like the shoes. The toon shading is bit cruel, it really muddies what you are doing I think. I think toon shading is hard to get right. Also, the vimeo upload has a lot of mpeg ghosting blurring some frames, at least on this laptop.

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 17 Feb 2014, 01:47

luceric wrote:Hello, I'm not familiar with Jimmy Neutron, can you give a bit more background about what you're doing here? Is this a totally new animation you are making, or is it a remake of a scene from an existing work?

Watch out for those skating feet!

What I think would be nice is some kind of grayscale, perhaps even a clay render of the performance. It's hard to tell what's going on in places due to lack of shading (or toon outlines) on things like the shoes. The toon shading is bit cruel, it really muddies what you are doing I think. I think toon shading is hard to get right. Also, the vimeo upload has a lot of mpeg ghosting blurring some frames, at least on this laptop.
Yeah, I'm not sure why it's doing the ghosting... every other animation i've done with the same exact settings has never displayed the ghosting effect like it does here..

I was trying to stay away from toon render outlines this time around. I was trying to get things to look a little more real.

This one is all 100% original animation. I am trying to do more of it to prepare for a possible future project

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 17 Feb 2014, 15:35

luceric wrote:Hello, I'm not familiar with Jimmy Neutron

oh, and I'm not familiar with Jimmy nuetron either. I never watched the show, thinking it was Nick's rip off answer of the better Dexters Lab ;o).
In this case, I thought Rob's voice was very similar to Carl Wheezer, so that's the model I created for here :)