PyFlow- A python nodal framework (ICE)

Comments on work in progress
Pedrito

PyFlow- A python nodal framework (ICE)

Post by Pedrito » 24 Jun 2018, 15:41

Hi there ! as I mention in other topic I am working also in a Python Nodal Framework that works similar to ICE, and it works inside maya or any other app with pyqt/pyside.

The original code and repository is from this guy : https://github.com/IlgarLunin/PyFlow

Wich is amazing!!

I have forked the project and added a lot of new features that make it more ICE similar, like dynamic port types ( one node for multiple cases ) , subgraphs ( compounds , exportables,reusables ), fixed the python node and added the ability to export as a native node ( pure code ), also a lot of navigation fixes ( middle click selects branch, ALT+drag copies nodes, Copy-Paste betwen graphs/compounds/sesions, selection add/remove Shift/Ctrl, etc ), collapsible comments ( ok thats not xsi but yes houdini ;) ) , and lot more...

Here is a video showing a bit the workflow: ( watch it at 2x )

There are a lot of things to do... but it works :) It also works in maya as you see in the video of the original source, but my plan is to integrate it as a maya DG node ( similar to what fabric did ) wich basicaly represents a pyFlowGraph with dynamics inputs and outputs ( thats the next step )

Soooo we will get python/ice inside maya hopefully ! well is not, ice have a lot of features like sets,context,etc that this does not but... is a start point dont you think? also there is a lot of maya specific nodes needed to implement, but once done we will be able to modify pointpositions and all that stuff... thats my goal with the maya plugin at first :)

And outside maya, anything you can do with python, you can doit with this in a procedural, chainy way :) for testing i have implemented the shotgun_api as I used to use it for the internal programs I develope at my Job, and it works like a charm, you can search sequences in folders ( pyseq module required ) and then create shotgun shots for them, create videos ( ffmpeg required ) and upload them... well what our Automatic Project Manager does xD
Implementing new nodes can be done inside the graph or in code ( one file per node or a bunch of nodes inside a library file ), also custom types can be implemented, so nothing stops you from creating any kind of python script with nodes, reusables and procedural :)

Hope you like this!

My repo is at : https://github.com/pedroCabrera/PyFlow

Draise

Re: PyFlow- A python nodal framework (ICE)

Post by Draise » 25 Jun 2018, 14:04

Impressive work.

gaboraa

Re: PyFlow- A python nodal framework (ICE)

Post by gaboraa » 25 Jun 2018, 16:44

Actually, it is beyond impressive!