Ray's WIPs

Comments on work in progress
rray

Re: Ray's WIPs

Post by rray » 06 Jul 2011, 14:26

Well ok, but if thumbnails with nudity are not ok then I'm just wondering why there's one in the top row of the forum right now.
Jus saying ;)
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 06 Jul 2011, 16:11

It's hard to define, that's true (and the gallery is owei's department), but that picture doesn't actually show anything IMHO. I would see the "side of breast" in the background as slightly less offensive than the thumbnails you had on offer. There's no "full frontal nudity" there (as the male figures do not even show any genitalia). But it's obviously highly debatable, as you so kindly point out...
But I give up...
It's obviously highly subjective and I am trying to think
from the widest (or is it narrowest?) possible perspective here...
I knew the nudity tag would some day come back and haunt me...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

rray

Post by rray » 06 Jul 2011, 16:33

The nudity tag I find very useful in situations such as when you're in the office scouring sicommunity.com for plugins, and accidentaly hit a thread like mine and it just so happens that your boss walks in exactly in that moment (as usual ... :-bd )

I was going for a preview here because the thread looked pretty pictureless without clicking the "show" buttons - I agree I could've opted (and will if OK) for smaller and more censored versions of the thumbnails, so no boss can recognize anything from 5 meters away :ympray: ..

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 09 Jul 2011, 20:14

rray wrote:The nudity tag I find very useful in situations such as when you're in the office scouring sicommunity.com for plugins, and accidentaly hit a thread like mine and it just so happens that your boss walks in exactly in that moment (as usual ... :-bd )

I was going for a preview here because the thread looked pretty pictureless without clicking the "show" buttons - I agree I could've opted (and will if OK) for smaller and more censored versions of the thumbnails, so no boss can recognize anything from 5 meters away :ympray: ..
and what, is one's boss a toad or a tree? doesn't he handle nudity like a normal mature human being? or is he an automaton that goes: oh no, nudity detected, system overload, cannot handle, cannot seeeee... (damaged faded out robot voice) ?!
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

rray

Post by rray » 09 Jul 2011, 20:50

Sorry I don't see your point :-\

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 10 Jul 2011, 10:03

The reason the nudity tag came up recently again in this thread was because of rray’s clever implementation of previews, which I – as the initiator of the nudity tags – found problematic.
Any further discussion about the general nature of the nudity tags doesn't belong here.
This is “rray’s WIP" thread, where his use of the nudity tags (or lack thereof... :- ) might be discussed, not the place, where the nudity tags itself should be discussed. For discussions like that (although I think I won’t easily be convinced of dropping them) I’ve opened a new thread that I started with a slightly longer post about the general idea of the nudity tags.

rray

Post by rray » 20 Aug 2011, 10:24

Hi there
continuing here:
Ray's WIPs (nudity) @cgtalk

(No judging about the nudity tag here - It's just that it seems that everything I work on seems to involve nudity, and for that reason a WIP thread that you have to click 28 times to see the pictures might not be the best idea for me to post my WIPs in)

Cheers,
Ray

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Aug 2011, 10:51

Sorry, you feel that way...
Serves me right, I guess, for trying to do the decent thing...
(You never explicitly stated the on-going nudity in the thread title here, that might have made a difference, but okay)

rray

Post by rray » 20 Aug 2011, 19:18

hey if stating nuity in the title is enough ill gladly continue here

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 20 Aug 2011, 20:49

Well, frankly, I think you wanted to make a point and, hey, you made it...
(after stating a few posts earlier, how you agreed with the necessity of the infamous nudity tag).
;)

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Aug 2011, 12:23

Okay I "talked" (per PM) to owei and a decision has been made: The nudity tag will no longer be a requirement for threads that are explicitly marked as containing "NUDITY" in their title. This means, however, we all must agree upon not changing the title of posts in such threads to prevent people from inadvertently dropping by through the Board Index (last post) or the Active Topics.

@rray specifically - please open up a new thread with an appropriate title.

Finally, I want to make it absolutely clear: I made up this "rule" about the nudity tag, not to annoy anyone or because I am such a prude myself. This whole forum moderation is one of constant "making stuff up, as we go along" and when I introduced the nudity tags I for one didn't foresee the fact that rray would be making so much use of it...
:D

Leo

Post by Leo » 21 Aug 2011, 12:39

Good call. Welcome back Ray?

rray

Post by rray » 21 Aug 2011, 13:25

:-bd I think that's a good decision, thanks. Coming up: More nude WIPs ;D

Ray's WIPs (NUDITY)