LFI shot / render _ Ocean test

Comments on finished work
Maximus

LFI shot / render _ Ocean test

Post by Maximus » 12 Jun 2009, 13:03

Hello guys, this is my first contribute to new SI-Community :)

Hope you like it, its a 3d render started from a shot made with Leica camera, i added a more artistic look to it, and this was a test to achieve a good Ocean shader, i used Lume tools (thanks Rob for your great tutorials :P).

here we go

Original

3D

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: LFI shot / render _ Ocean test

Post by Hirazi Blue » 12 Jun 2009, 14:00

Looks great, although I like the mood of the original picture (i.e. it's lighting) better, but as this primarily is an "ocean-test" and not a recreating of the original picture: well done!!! :-bd
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Endboss

Post by Endboss » 12 Jun 2009, 15:42

While your rendering looks good overall the lumetools ocean starts to look.. old. it's clearly showing its age. If i was into ocean rendering, i'd try to get as much out of the new tessendorf-compounds as possible, and skip the lume-stuff. My guess is that it won't be developed any further because it's been like this since years.
Postings may contain traces of Houdini propaganda
http://www.grey-matter.de

franky

Post by franky » 12 Jun 2009, 19:08

overall its a nice picture. some work on some details can make it better i think.
i figure the tessendor compounds just give you the shape of a ocean, they dont give you the look. so i would say, keep working on what are doing now with your shaders.
one thing that pops into my eye is the scale. it feels as if the ocean should be scaled down a lot. smaller, more waves and more details. otherwise its a incredible windstill day : )
the roof looks very nice
the 1st colum top looks somehow strange. the paper with the number 4 goes to the roof, but the column seems not to.
some details on the fence would help getting rid of the 3d cylinder look ;)

ciao
franky

Endboss

Post by Endboss » 12 Jun 2009, 20:00

It's always good to have your own shaders in order ;) LumeOcean doesn't do any shader magic that can't be accomplished otherwise.
Postings may contain traces of Houdini propaganda
http://www.grey-matter.de