xsi-td .feather...

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
farhaad_yousefi

xsi-td .feather...

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 09 Jun 2009, 11:36

hi i'm currently working on a project that have to make a fully feathered pidgin and animate it for a real movie..
i saw edy' reel at xsi base :
http://www.xsibase.com/forum/index.php? ... adid=36282
and and tried to contact him..but there was no reply..
so i'm looking for anyone who can do this and some more stuff added..
time and money is factor like always..
so please if you think we can work together ..drop me a line..
farhaad_yousefi@yahoo.com
thanks

mike_b

Re: xsi-td .feather...

Post by mike_b » 10 Jun 2009, 16:17

I'm also looking for a way to do CG feathers in Softimage. So there is a demand for someone who wants to develop a good feathers solution!

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 11 Jun 2009, 09:22

yeas..i've searched a lot for a good one ,but the best online was DS-featehrs..
and yet it needs development..
i assure you (with the agreement of the td which i'm going to work with) i'm going to post a w.i.p here for anyone (after i'm done with it..or at the same time for any suggestions)..to use it as feather donation ;)

Theht

Post by Theht » 12 Jun 2009, 03:51

maybe you could ask this guy ?

http://warpedspace.org/feathers/index.html

EDIT by owei: please use the [url] funktion in the editor for links...otherwise the links will not be opened in a new window..thanks ;)

mike_b

Post by mike_b » 12 Jun 2009, 07:51

I recently contacted Amaan about his feather setup, but at the time he was too busy, and he still wanted to spend some time developing it. But maybe if there's enough demand...

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 12 Jun 2009, 08:59

mike_b wrote:I recently contacted Amaan about his feather setup, but at the time he was too busy, and he still wanted to spend some time developing it. But maybe if there's enough demand...
i contacted amaan too ..his brilliant work should be the shader which is procedural.!!!!
daniel sweeney's DS-feather should be mentioned for it's ease and being at reach.
not to forget fantastic work by edy susanto:"share the branch"
i think we can ask (or pay ) all these pro's to share knowledge and make us a fine feather system and a procedural shader in ice..for every one to use and not to face our problems .
i need one in a very fast time so i'll be more than happy if anyone can share it with me..(the paying part)
.. :!!

amaan

Post by amaan » 12 Jun 2009, 11:28

hello everyone

firstly, thanks for linking to my feather system work

>i contacted amaan too ..his brilliant work should be the shader which is procedural.

actually, my shader is not yet procedural. Populating the feathers is procedural, though, and can extend to cover any surface.

>DS-feather

is there a web link to this system?

I should mention that I wanted to create the entire feather setup in ICE -- slightly improved than what is shown in the video on my site-- but I hit a nasty bug that stopped me from proceeding further. However, softimage is aware of the issue and I think it should be resolved in the next release.

Theht

Post by Theht » 14 Jun 2009, 20:05

amaan wrote:hello everyone

>DS-feather

is there a web link to this system?

I should mention that I wanted to create the entire feather setup in ICE -- slightly improved than what is shown in the video on my site-- but I hit a nasty bug that stopped me from proceeding further. However, softimage is aware of the issue and I think it should be resolved in the next release.
http://community.softimage.com/forum/au ... -feathers/

amaan

Post by amaan » 14 Jun 2009, 22:30

Thanks, Theht. I remember seeing this on the the old si community website. That's a great one

softcy

Post by softcy » 04 Sep 2009, 00:53

there was tips for creating & controling some kind of feathers post on xsi blog, maybe u should check it out

redmotion

Post by redmotion » 04 Sep 2009, 09:35

I found another feather system (a dynamically generated wing rig) mentioned on Jo Plaete's blog. I've not had the chance to watch the videos all the way through though. Looks interesting. (Uses a flash based synoptic)

http://joplaete.wordpress.com/

Cheers.

farhaad_yousefi

Post by farhaad_yousefi » 22 Sep 2009, 15:51

thanks..actually "Helge" did a fantastic job for me and mike..unfortunately i couldn't pay him as mike did ,yet :ympray: (our project broke down because of the condition of my country b-( )..but i hope he could put some videos of it on here/vimeo or something because it's very awesome tool-set ,and in ice too.! ^:)^