Softimage Protest film

Announcements concerning cooperation, job offers or job requests
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Softimage Protest film

Post by Hirazi Blue » 02 May 2014, 13:51

Is there still anything to be "in" in?
A small progress report or at least an indication this is still going somewhere would be nice... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 02 May 2014, 18:21

Hirazi Blue wrote:Is there still anything to be "in" in?
A small progress report or at least an indication this is still going somewhere would be nice... ;)
Im not on leading team but im assigned to help, so i can answer to that^^ ~o)

Progress so far:

-60+ ppl signed (Only a few are active :-l ).
-Our project is housed on teamwork.com (like a forum connected to email and drive).
-Month ago or so we managed to elect a main scenario.
-We have so far like 25 character posts.
-We created a F.A.Q. To help ppl "get in to the track" faster.
-We focus now in the main body of the shortfilm "where all the threatened 3d chars around the globe wake up, and go to the same place via instinct (or just because they read bad news)".
-We have like 10 small shot proposals that use some of the availiable chars.
-Some ideas are under construction - aprooved with a scenemaster.

-Atm those few, active ppl, work on aprooved shots . That icludess sharing - characters, scenes, assets, knowledje etc.
Also when possible we do some skype meetings. There are ppl that still post, more chars and shot scenarios.

***We will need animators, that can do weights, envelops, rigs, animations, soon.
***We will need ppl that can create artistic enviroments.
***Ppl that can draw concept art are also needed.

The document to sign is still here (sign in the white part under the last guy and wait for an invite):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

We need more pationate ppl with more free time. Signatures are only good for petitions, we need action. Dont hop in if you are just one more obzerver. Thanx^^

And thats the end of it ~o) cofee is still hot :D

sirdavid32

Post by sirdavid32 » 23 Feb 2015, 17:40

bump.
How is this developing?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 23 Feb 2015, 17:54

Quite probably, but feel free to prove me wrong...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Helli

Post by Helli » 23 Feb 2015, 18:05

Signed myself up
Preferable for Rigging / hair / ice stuff.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 23 Feb 2015, 19:41

Ill make this short:
The project failed more that once.

We ended up 2-3 active artists, we were working on a scene furiously, we wanted to have something cool in our hands, to reanimate the whole project, to get artists from start, cause the army of inactive artists didn't worked.

Once we got a good grip , my pc exploded.
That happened start of summer 2014
Thankfully i met some cool ppl out of all this.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 24 Feb 2015, 03:19

I don't know, but personally if I would have been delegated things, (among others based on their noted skills)
I think like many others I would have done them.

Seems like there was no delegation.

(I guess I too could have been delegating but, I was waiting to be delegated things, and it seems everyone was waiting to be delegated things. :) )

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 24 Feb 2015, 18:30

What if i restart this just , now,,

i just need your attention.

Im going to sum everything, stay around.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 24 Feb 2015, 22:50

... I think there would still be a bunch that would do their bit ... ;-)

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 25 Feb 2015, 16:39

Looking for:

A capable leader with previous experience on short films, till then im going to take this role to prepare the ground:

So my plan is to create a core team before we actually start something new.
  • PRIO : A Lead Concept Artist (This guy will unify the style of the project, with hes drawing skills, he will be responsible for the concept art, for characters and environments. A lead concept artist, is giving a first glance on the final thing, so in our case he will be indirectly a director with hes camera angles in the storyboard )
  • A Lead Modeler for base models (responsible to provide all the required meshes chars/3D assets/environment, meshes, and and also responsible to produce high poly sculpts (Normal maps, for chars/3D assets/environment - Spot taken - Fareed Nagy
  • A Lead Texture Artist. (Responsible to decide production method and to add: Texture coordinates , Textures basic maps, on existing models. He will be responsible to paint the whole thing. Lead texture artist is not making shaders and normal maps in our case. ) - Spot taken - FXDude
  • A Lead Scenemaster/Rendering/Post production guy (he will choose renderer, shaders, lighting ,he will decide output passes etc, and he will composite also if needed, technically this is the guy that puts everything together at some point, so he must have a mule for a machine, and a demon within hes brain). - Spot taken - FXDude
  • A Lead ICE Artist/Developer (for particles/ effects /tools/ Hair/ etc)
  • A Lead Animator (Responsible for Skeletons, rigs, weights, animations etc)

- FXDude covers 2 Roles for now, you can still ask for one of them
Last edited by mc_axe on 03 Mar 2015, 16:50, edited 2 times in total.

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 26 Feb 2015, 18:49

Im working on a new scenario in the same universe, really cool so far, possibly im going to open a new thread when i have something solid in my hands to present. This is 1 year after but i think it is actually the best time to make a mature aproach. With a fresh start.

Id like to hear what you expect from a short film like this, do you thing that we have things to say? I personally believe yes.

If you like we can discuss the key points right here.
Id like this new scenario to have some more artistic approach on the whole matter.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 26 Feb 2015, 19:06

I agree a storyboard artist is paramount.

And you can sign me up to any (one) of the following, ...
A Lead Texture Artist. (Responsible to decide production method and to add: Texture coordinates , Textures basic maps, on existing models. He will be responsible to paint the whole thing. Lead texture artist is not making shaders and normal maps in our case. )

[*]A Lead Scenemaster/Rendering/Post production guy (he will choose renderer, shaders, lighting ,he will decide output passes etc, and he will composite also if needed, technically this is the guy that puts everything together at some point, so he must have a mule for a machine, and a demon within hes brain).
And/or for certain FX, (good eye, and moderate technical ICE knowledge)

Should a DropBox be setup?

mc_axe

Post by mc_axe » 26 Feb 2015, 19:21

Allright thats gr8 news :-bd Welcome FX Dude to the core team, Ill sign you up for scenemaster cause it is more vital,

But also texture artists are rare, so you techically take both spots until we find some1 to split the work.

And at this point you keep what do you like most.

For sure we can setup a drop box and maybe a workplace like teamwork, but is kinda early , we can use this forum and mails for start.

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 26 Feb 2015, 20:14

Sent this as a PM but can also go here..
how about also the SI-Community BB board 'pm' system which is also quite stirdy, can attach pics, with easy to follow threads, the side panel has a "usernames" box that we could just paste a list of users for when creating new posts.

And is also a quite fitting place :)
(and mc_axe agreed)

FXDude

Post by FXDude » 26 Feb 2015, 20:40

One downer i think though with BB board, is that messages of the same thread show-up as a list instead of one entry linking to the "message history".

Still find it to be a good platform though, because I find email (mixed with all other emails) to be not so great.

Any thoughts?

julius

Post by julius » 27 Feb 2015, 11:03

I'have not enough time to pick a lead spot, but if you submit an up to date list of what you need, I'll do my best to work on the project when I can.