FESRetopo - retopology tool for Softimage

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

UV Packer for SoftimageAuthor: Shekn @si-community
last updated March 2021 — This is connector between Softimage and standalone UV Packer application for Blender

This addon works in the same way as addon for Blender. It contains from two parts. The main part is standalone application UV-Packer-Blender.exe This application can be freely downloaded from the official site. The second part of the addon is connector between Softimage and this standalone application. This connector gets a data from objects inside Softimage, pass this data into application, wait the answer and then apply changes to objects inside Softimage.

For more information, see the download page linked below.

download: UVPacker_for_Softimage_0_91.xsiaddon
FESRetopoAuthor: Shekn @si-community
updated to 0.75, information about update can be found here — A retopology/remesh tool built with the Fabric Engine - meaning it will run in other applications like Maya and Houdini as well. Note that it's using a Softimage specific initialization plugin (installed in Create > Polygon Mesh > FESRetopo), so in other applications it would have to be initialized manually.

Shekn's description from the si-community thread: There are three parameters: Reference - The path to the hi-poly file. Hide reference - when checked, the hi-poly reference is not drawn in the viewport. Hide HUD - when checked, edges and points are not drawn in viewport in case the splice manipulator is disabled (for example, when rotating the camera).

In fact, the global purpose of this tool is to build the analogue of Topogun for Softimage and take the retopology process of some small models inside one 3d-program without import-export actions.

An interesting timelapse is available on his Angel07's channel: Ear retopology sample, as well as installation instructions: FESRetopo tool.

local backup: FESRetopo 0.75.zip
S-remesherAuthor: Shekn @si-community
last updated November 2019 — A retopology tool built that will create a quad remesh of the selected object. This addon implement two open-source algorithms for remeshing of polygon mesh objects: Instant Meshes and QuadriFlow.

For installation instructions, see the download page.
Quad remesherAuthor: Shekn @si-community
last updated July 2021 — A retopology tool built that will create a quad remesh of the selected object.

See the download page for more information.

owei
Administrator

Re: FESRetopo - retopology tool for Softimage

Post by owei » 20 Jan 2018, 16:33

Hm...as all official sources are gone, I guess, it would be some kind of "illegal" to offer a downlaod here. As beeing responsible for what happens here, I would say, we should NOT offer stuff that officially went away for some reason, nore post links to strange downloasd sites in order to prevent any kind of inconvenience ;)

cheers,
oli

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 21 Jan 2018, 10:54

owei wrote: 20 Jan 2018, 16:33 Hm...as all official sources are gone, I guess, it would be some kind of "illegal" to offer a downlaod here. As beeing responsible for what happens here, I would say, we should NOT offer stuff that officially went away for some reason, nore post links to strange downloasd sites in order to prevent any kind of inconvenience ;)

cheers,
oli
Isn't the other way around true? If a software has been freely distributed before its fall, it can be distributed as freely as long as you don't charge money for it. Of course, offering a cracked software counts as illegal but I don't think Fabric Engine falls into that category.

Draise

Post by Draise » 22 Jan 2018, 04:20

You'd have to read the license and terms and agreement. It should cover the case... but yeah. EOL liberty to continue using and archiving, making files free if it was formerly free too as non-profit.... it's all grey still.

I do believe it should be a human right to access any data, game or software that has reached EOL as long as non-profit with attribution when redistributed.

But reading the terms is the safest bet.

dreamco

Post by dreamco » 22 Jan 2018, 09:33

I tend to agree with the two of you above, but the last decision on such matters goes to oli.
Damn, if i could only get into my hands the version (v1.15.x) required to run FESRetopo ;)

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 22 Jan 2018, 13:30

Hey there..
well, here is the "eula" . And I guess, FE was not "free" for everyone in all possible cases. It was never declared as "freeware", as far as I know. In any case, you can share the links via PM, right? ;)
Anyway..feel free to read..

"1.4 Backup Copies. After installation of the Software pursuant to this
Agreement, You may store a copy of the installation files for the Software
solely for backup or archival purposes. Except as expressly provided in this
Agreement, You may not otherwise make copies of the Software or Documentation."

Further:
"...2.4 Prohibited Acts. You shall not sublicense, distribute or otherwise make
the Software available to any third party (including, without limitation, any
contractor, franchisee, agent or dealer)..."

cheers,
oli
Attachments
LICENSE.rar
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 161 times

kowy

Post by kowy » 02 Jun 2020, 01:05

can u update the plugin ? Fabric 2.5,2.6 softimage 2015 v2

Shekn

Post by Shekn » 02 Jun 2020, 10:27

No.

Also, as I understand, you can not use Fabric now, because license servers are not working.

opoppopopp

Post by opoppopopp » 02 Jun 2020, 16:01

Shekn wrote: 02 Jun 2020, 10:27 No.

Also, as I understand, you can not use Fabric now, because license servers are not working.
Seems your plugins really attract some newly registered user here :p

minilogoguy18

Post by minilogoguy18 » 19 Jun 2020, 12:54

Damn, I just downloaded this addon with so much excitement to only find that it requires 3rd party software that's no longer available :,(