Motion Tools

NNois

Re: Motion Tools

Post by NNois » 06 Apr 2012, 00:16

well no, i have two point cloud, one simulated with momentum and the other unsimulated with motion tools.
with momentum if you want something acting in the momentum simulation, as far i understant, we have to add an init node AND a momentum simulate node (like the simulate particle) in a simulation region, so he broke the unsimulated tree...

But i'm not in front af the scene but maybe a third cloud with a clone point and the momentum simulate on this one will solve the problem, i'll post the resut here tomorrow if it's ok. If it's not the case i'll open a new thread on the forum to leave this one alone ;-)

PS: A small feadback on the 0.3 motion tools, The new transform node is awesome and really usefull, but he miss a size transform too. To act smootly with already scaled particles

thanks

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 06 Apr 2012, 07:14

gustavoeb wrote:Ps: Your fix works pretty nicely when upping the resolution of the voxel grid! When downrezing a lot it starts to overlap instances, I'll try to fix that. Thanks :D
Yeah, its not a perfect solution by any stretch of imagination.

I remember voxelizator by 2ndreality had a really elegant way of filling up the "voxels" but i think they use a whole different method. I like what you came up with, too. Gives the user a lot of flexibility.

gustavoeb

Post by gustavoeb » 14 Jun 2012, 17:53

Just a little update:

New funcionality and very few bugs ironed out. I apologize to those who have reported bugs, they are all registred, but there is only so much time I can spend on this every now and then... 2012 version is presenting some issues, so I will fix that soon
Gustavo Eggert Boehs
Blog: http://www.gustavoeb.com.br/

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 14 Jun 2012, 20:01

FYI - Clicking on the "vimeo" text in the embedded player will
get you to the actual Vimeo video page,
where you can find the download links...
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!