Collision Constraint custom operator

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Collision Constraint OpAuthor: Michor Lu
Updated/ported to C++/win64. Just a very basic collision detection custom operator for Softimage written in Python. I've heard animators (or other departments after them ) complain so much about feet not making contact with the ground because they don't have time to check due to super tight deadlines. Anyway, it was a great exercise in trying to learn how custom operators work and in the process I got a better understanding on Quaternion rotations. Just copy to your workgroup or user »ApplicationPlugins« folder and restart Softimage.

Introduction video. Visit Michor's blog displaying his traditionally inspired 3D character art.

local backup: CppCollisionConstrainOp.zip

gaboraa

Re: Collision Constraint custom operator

Post by gaboraa » 28 Aug 2012, 11:10

Ahmidou wrote:Hi, FYI, there is already a footprint compound included in softimage

Cheers
not the same thing AFAIK

Looks great, thanks!

gaboraa

Post by gaboraa » 28 Aug 2012, 11:47

BTW I am asking gurus here, is it possible to reproduce this kind of compound with ICE? Plug-ins could be incompatible with the newer versions of SI but Compounds work. Don't bombard me with answers like "go and try for yourself" I don't know ICE and I don't have time to learn it in the future also because I am focusing on Modeling and rendering instead of FX and kinda stuff. BTW more constrains would always be welcome on my part, I love constraints:)

mic

Post by mic » 28 Aug 2012, 22:33

gaboraa wrote:
Ahmidou wrote:Hi, FYI, there is already a footprint compound included in softimage

Cheers
not the same thing AFAIK

Looks great, thanks!
I think he was responding to the post about adding deformations to the plugin. Anyway, I' pretty sure it is doable in ICE. I could give it a go just learn a bit more about ICE. :)
---------------------------
Blog
Portfolio - CGHub
Portfolio - CGTalk