Mossman's small scripts

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

Mossman's small scriptsAuthor: Felix Geremus
MM_Matte_Pass: This script will create all your necessary mattes at once, based on your selection [..]
MM_Depth_Pass: MM_Depth_Pass creates a Depth Pass that can be used to create Depth of Field effects in compositing. The main advantage of this script is that if gives precise control over the depth range [..]
MM_Group: A simple script to group several objects under one null. The null will be at the COG of all selected objects and in the same hirarchy as the first selected object.

Continue reading on the autor's blog. First two of the scripts are self-installing plugins, copy to a plugins folder of your choice.

local backup: MossmansPlugins.zip

Mossman

Mossman's small scripts

Post by Mossman » 15 Dec 2009, 09:30

Hey everybody! This is my first post here! During my spare time I started to practice my scripting skills a little. And since there is so much amazing free stuff out there I'm using all the time, I thought I share the result here too.
All three are basically functions found in C4D i was missing in Soft. So here they come:

MM_Matte_Pass

A different and quite convenient way to generate your mattes for comp. It creates renderchannels containing mattes based on your selection. It's quite similar to the "Automatic ObjectID Shader" posted here before. Only that it creates separate sequences for each matte (which I find more convenient) and that you can easily combine multiple objects into one matte. But since the whole thing is based on channels, it still creates all your mattes in one rendering.

Usage:
Select objects and run the script!

Individually selected objects will become different mattes. Branch selections will become one matte. Selecting Nulls or Models will create a matte for all visible objects in the hirarchy.
If you need to combine multiple objects from different hirarchies into one matte, you can also select groups.

MM_Depth_Pass

Automatically creates a depth pass which can be interactively controlled by a spot light
Usage:
Select the camera and Run the script.
The script TRIES to recognize the closest and most distant object and initializes the depth pass.
A Spot Light called "Depth Controler" is created. Press " b" to view the light's fallof controls.
You can now interactively control and animate your near and far depth inside the viewport.

MM_Group

A simple script to group several objects under one null. The null will be at the COG of all selected objects and in the same hirarchy as the first selected object. I know this has been done a dozen times already ;)

I haven't had time to test any of those a lot, so use them at your own risk.

I still hope those come in handy!

Cheers Mossman
Attachments
MM_Scripts.rar
(5.65 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

thenewblack

Re: Mossman's small scripts

Post by thenewblack » 15 Dec 2009, 20:50

Hey Mossman,

thank you very much for these scripts!
These are nice little helpers...

mike_b

Post by mike_b » 17 Dec 2009, 09:40

thanks very much for these - our lighting team are much happier already! :ymapplause:

Mossman

Post by Mossman » 24 Sep 2010, 14:46

Hey everybody!

Just a quick note that I've updatet these scripts. I fixed a few bugs and made them self installing plugins. You can find them together with some documentation at my new blog: http://www.felixgeremus.com

cheers,

Mossman

antsjoe

Post by antsjoe » 24 Sep 2010, 21:55

Thanks for the scripts!

aj

zossowosso

Post by zossowosso » 24 Sep 2010, 21:59

'ERROR : 2011 - Unable to write well in English [CLSID\{F123FC55-ABD9-4D7F-9CDD-7F9D61E71FFE}] : %SUMATRAPATH%\ English.dll not found'