FXTree FX Operator Selector

Discussions about FX-Tree and Compositing generally
Maximus

FXTree FX Operator Selector

Post by Maximus » 23 Apr 2011, 14:17

Hey guys,
i always used the FXtree to do compositing, but i always overlooked one thing wich i never asked myself what was the use of it!
I'm talking about the FX Operator Selector (wich you can invoke by "View -> Compositing -> FX Operator Selector".

I've read the help and i cant seem to understand what is the real purpose of this tool, beside it just shows you how you should link stuff in your nodes, some kind of help or guide.

Now in the help there is a particular line i want to report here, wich is this one:

"Once you select an operator in the Operator Selector, you can pick existing operators (from the FxTree) to connect to each of its inputs. As you pre-select operators, their names are listed next to the operators to which they’ll be connected. When you insert the new operator, these connections are made automatically."

I dont understand what this means, i've tried every clicking combination, from what i get is it should automatically connect nodes? How this works? Nothing seems to happen when i click stuff inside the FX Operator Selector.

The nodes that are in the operator selector cant be dragged or moved, i've tried almost every combination of hotkeys and mouse :D
Can anyone explain what is the use of this FX Operator Selector? Is it just a guide on how to setup input/output nodes or it has some other function?

thanks for the help!

xsisupport

Re: FXTree FX Operator Selector

Post by xsisupport » 23 Apr 2011, 15:00

Look up "FX Operator Selector:inserting operators with" in the index.
Or see this quick vid.
// Steve Blair
// "You're not a runner, you're just a guy who runs" -- my wife
//
// My Blogs: Arnold | Softimage

Maximus

Re: FXTree FX Operator Selector

Post by Maximus » 23 Apr 2011, 15:07

oh i guess i didnt middle-click that much!
thanks!