the future? (was: the "frustration" thread)

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Nizar

Re: the future? (was: the "frustration" thread)

Post by Nizar » 24 Apr 2012, 17:14

gustavoeb wrote:lol

"Like Mario and Luigi, Woody and Buzz, or Batman and Robin, Maya and 3ds Max are together at last." =)) (laughing scarcastically)
mmmmmmkay
=)) =))
Maxio and Luaya? "Luaya" don't sound so well... I think they must cage the name, something that can work together better :D

foe me have 3dsm and maya (and softimage), has not so much sense... I think is different for a big studio... also, the image of the package (with the applications logo) remember me some super market ice cream discount package...

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 24 Apr 2012, 17:26

Well the Germans already have a duo that seems fitting:
Max & Moritz (based on a classic story by Wilhelm Busch)

PS They come to a quite horrific end, BTW. ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 24 Apr 2012, 17:30

If you click "learn more" it will lead you to a nice bullet point page that uses language meant for studio executives. The suits, if you will. Trying to sell them two identical products is hard enough. Don't you think three would be over-optimistic?

Softimage should be happy its even invited to that party, considering how AD has no idea what is its role in this whole product bundling scheme...
Last edited by bottleofram on 25 Apr 2012, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 24 Apr 2012, 18:03

Hirazi Blue wrote:Well the Germans already have a duo that seems fitting:
Max & Moritz (based on a classic story by Wilhelm Busch)

PS They come to a quite horrific end, BTW. ;)
Propose it to AD, and you will be hire soon in marketing department :)
Softimage should be happy its even invited to that party, considering how AD has no idea what is its role in this whole product bundling scheme...
For my poor mind AD marketing is pretty obscure, but if softimage now is more strong than ever, they doing a good job (repeat, don't understood how)

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 24 Apr 2012, 18:05

Frankly, I've given trying to work out how our marketing people think. lol x_x

ShaderOp

Post by ShaderOp » 24 Apr 2012, 19:45

bottleofram wrote:If you click "learn more" it will lead you to a nice bullet point page that uses language meant for studio executives. The suits, if you will.
Suites for suits. Kind of poetic, ain't it? :)

Clappy

Post by Clappy » 25 Apr 2012, 00:05

@Hirazi Blue - for sure, the threads with the most hits are generally ones like this. And lets face, go to any software related forum and there is generally a lot of bitching going on.

Anyway, despite all this I am going to commit to Softimage because at the end of the day I feel I get more work done faster. And the more people using Softimage the better.

As for the "Dynamic Duo" ad - I picture a bunch of pseudo creative types who swear their not suits, sitting in a board room, scratching on their Ipads. One of them says, "Hey you know those nerdy 3D artists love really comics and video games right. If we can speak their language maybe they won't hate us so much! Great work team have the intern draft something up. Oh right, we shipped her to Singapore to figure out the MR integration." O:-)

Cheers,
Matt

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Apr 2012, 12:14

If you look at the accompanying banner ad (this one), one really starts to wonder, what message they are trying to spread: Maya is an unscary monster & Max is a slightly dumb mechanic (or is the other way around)?
:D
I am also missing any kind of reference to trademarks/copyrights of the other dynamic duos they mention on the webpage Nizar mentioned above...

edit: If they really had wanted to place Softimage in the picture also (dream on...), a reference to Astérix and Obelix ( from the French comic books "Asterix" written by René Goscinny and illustrated by Albert Uderzo) would've helped, making Softimage Obelix' trusty little (but highly intelligent) pet dog, Idéfix...
(Yes I know: I'm full of obscure European references, not fit for a world-wide forum)

one more belated edit: actually I am just glad they created the Ultimate Suite like they did (although it could have been marketed better), I shudder to think what would have happened if they'd created an Ultimate Suite (Max & Maya) without Softimage and an additional Ultimate Suite Premium including Softimage...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 25 Apr 2012, 13:34

Watch out, Mark Schoennagel's webcast on crowds is currently occupying the AREA front page! No pretty renders or anything, but once in a blue moon they remember this red head stepchild of theirs.

Does anyone know if this is going to be recorded? Never registered nor do i have time to spare right now but it could be informative... i guess... if i ever need crowds... mhm...

Nizar

Post by Nizar » 25 Apr 2012, 14:56

bottleofram wrote:Watch out, Mark Schoennagel's webcast on crowds is currently occupying the AREA front page! No pretty renders or anything, but once in a blue moon they remember this red head stepchild of theirs.

Does anyone know if this is going to be recorded? Never registered nor do i have time to spare right now but it could be informative... i guess... if i ever need crowds... mhm...
the image is very ugly IMHO.

I'm sure they will recorded , in any case you are in time for register.
I am also missing any kind of reference to trademarks/copyrights of the other dynamic duos they mention on the webpage Nizar mentioned above...
Stop thinking about, AD marketing men are not humans :)

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 25 Apr 2012, 15:18

bottleofram wrote:Watch out, Mark Schoennagel's webcast on crowds is currently occupying the AREA front page! No pretty renders or anything, but once in a blue moon they remember this red head stepchild of theirs.

I will try and find out.
I expect that it is as we record our EMEA webinars. If by chance that it isn't that I might be able to repeat it for anyone in EMEA.

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 25 Apr 2012, 16:36

Well, it would also be nice if Autodesk would send out a reminder email for those who already registered. I signed up for this about 3 weeks ago, and would have completely forgot about it if it wasn't mentioned in this thread just now (Thanks bottleofram). Does Autodesk not want people to show up so they can say attendance was down? This way they can say it is not worth the effort to do another Softimage Webcast...

I know a lot of people just want to watch the digital download when it comes out, but if more people would actually register and show up, it might prove to Autodesk that there is a number of people interested - attendance means a lot to PR events...

Bellsey

Post by Bellsey » 25 Apr 2012, 18:38

Rez007 wrote:Well, it would also be nice if Autodesk would send out a reminder email for those who already registered. I signed up for this about 3 weeks ago, and would have completely forgot about it if it wasn't mentioned in this thread just now (Thanks bottleofram). Does Autodesk not want people to show up so they can say attendance was down? This way they can say it is not worth the effort to do another Softimage Webcast...

I know a lot of people just want to watch the digital download when it comes out, but if more people would actually register and show up, it might prove to Autodesk that there is a number of people interested - attendance means a lot to PR events...
Yeah, I know what you mean about this. I don't know about the US which is where this webinar is being hosted, but certainly from an EMEA view, we do need alot more about getting reminders sent out and even getting the URLs right. It never surprises me how we trip ourselves up on even the simple things.

Mark (The Guvnor, as I call him :) ) Schoennagel tells me that the webinar is recorded and will hopefully hit is blog and YouTube.

IslandDreamer

Post by IslandDreamer » 25 Apr 2012, 19:32

I received my reminder email over an hour ago.

dwigfor

Post by dwigfor » 25 Apr 2012, 19:59

Thanks for the reminder.. I thought I missed this, but it turns out, It's Right Now!

dirtydog

Post by dirtydog » 25 Apr 2012, 20:53

just had subs renewal for gold on maya suite of £1250 plus 20% tax.