How rendering should be

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Maximus

Re: How rendering should be

Post by Maximus » 03 Sep 2012, 17:47

Kzin wrote:
Maximus wrote:
AD is not in charge to write a plugin for a renderer...
and this is false, ad is responsible for the integration, thats a fact. if you have mr problems you have to go to ad first.
i can understand that the frustration over the last couple of years makes people think to be angry about mi.

Moderator edit: I've split two posts concerning the "reddit rumor" into one neat new thread - HB
Implementation and plugins are 2 different things. AD is not in charge to write a plugin for MR. Thats why they exposed it in maya 2013 because MI will now take care of it based on what they said on their forum.
It left me stunned after i saw that MI didnt even touch it after all those months when they were the first to point fingers to AD, just that. Now they have it under their hands and what they did? Having to wait 1 year again for updates is ridicolous, no other render engine works like this. Vray has daily updates and bugfixes. So again nothing changed.
Blame whoever you please i dont care, they both failed in the end for us users.

SreckoM

Re: How rendering should be

Post by SreckoM » 03 Sep 2012, 19:30

Even though I am also tired of that game of blaming each other, must say that plugin integration was/is AD job. Nvidia is not responsible for that, just core of MR. They did good job in last several years, unfortunately most of that was not inside dcc apps, and we all had feeling that nothing has been done for some time.
I had opportunity to beta test Bunkspeed shot and that is, IMHO, one of the best unbiased solutions out there.
Unfortunately or not most of us switched or added new render engine into their arsenal, and experienced much much better and faster support and updates. Which is honestly AD to blame not MR.
- H -