Subscription fees increase?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Subscription fees increase?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Mar 2014, 22:15

Apparently Autodesk has a price increase for Subscription planned on the 28th of March? As I think I haven't heard anything about this from my reseller yet (but I easily could have missed it), I was hoping someone here would be able to answer the all-important question: how much more will an Autodesk subscription cost now?
:(
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

talent103

Re: Subscription fees increase?

Post by talent103 » 21 Mar 2014, 22:19

Well my reseller said it would be about $50 more than current but I am not sure if he knows. This is for NYC. It is not that much but feels like another slap in the face to XSI users who are thinking of getting back in the pool with Autodesk.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 21 Mar 2014, 22:27

Yes, now more than ever before, it's ever-so-tempting to pack it all in and quit! :(

talent103

Post by talent103 » 21 Mar 2014, 22:33

Well not yet. Soft will be good for at least 4 to 6 years. It is pretty stable and great as is. I still hold out hope that Autodesk will change course on this. But at the end of the day I create my own reality. I will use Maya or C4d s long as I find it fun to use. Once it is no longer fun for me I will move on to other pastures. In the meantime I will continue to Use soft as long as I can. It is always a pleasure to use XSI.

azurecgi

Post by azurecgi » 22 Mar 2014, 00:15

As far as I'm concerned we should get a drop in subscription, for 2 reasons;

1) the high priced 'gold' subscription we have been forced to pay since the acquisition, due to no 'silver' option being made available (another ploy to deter new users as far as I'm concerned), which has been ploughed into Maya development.

2) we should get some compensation for the weeks of re-training we are all going to have to go through to get up to speed on whatever package we choose to replace Softimage!

Personally, if my evaluation of Houdini goes well, then I will be giving 2 fingers to Autodesk anyway. I know the Houdini annual subscription is higher than what we are currently paying, but at least you get something in return - Actual development of innovative features plus a responsive turnaround of bug fixes, even if you are a small company or freelancer.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 22 Mar 2014, 00:28

Maurice Patel did claim the transition licenses are Maya/Max licenses and as such give basic subscription as an option.
Check with your reseller!