Migration procedure. HOW?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
geoath

Migration procedure. HOW?

Post by geoath » 08 Apr 2014, 21:43

hi, i have a stadalone license of soft 2013 with no subscription.

I want to follow the migration offer to Maya, but my reseller told me that he doesn't know at the moment exactly what the procedure is.
He told me, that by upgrading to last version of softimage + subscription, i can have with no extra cost a maya license but he doesn't know the exact procedure of this.

i'd like if someone (Bellsey maybe? please help) can tell me what the procedure exactly is?

1) i have soft 2013 /no subscription. the money i pay are for si2014+sub or 2015+sub?
2) after i upgrade what is the procedure for the maya license? do i instantly with the upgrade own a maya licence? Do i receive a mail from AD with the steps explained? is it something that happens via the subscription center?

i'd be very glad if someone from AD could tell me how this goes, i'm planning to do the upgrade+migration before 25 april, so any officially information is more than welcome.

thanks in advance.

talent103

Re: Migration procedure. HOW?

Post by talent103 » 08 Apr 2014, 22:06

I believe it will be available (soft and maya) in the subscription centerl Unfortunatly sub prices went up on March 28th. ( not sure how much)

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 08 Apr 2014, 22:33

I posted a sort of related question on the Mailing List earlier today, but now I am wondering: has anyone on active subscription been contacted by their own reseller yet as to the procedure how this whole transition is "going down"?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

Daniel Brassard

Post by Daniel Brassard » 09 Apr 2014, 04:53

Not I my end, but then again my Subscription is not due until August and I have Ultimate, so I am not a priority.
$ifndef "Softimage"
set "Softimage" "true"
$endif

angus_davidson

Post by angus_davidson » 09 Apr 2014, 10:21

To be honest a lot of the resellers are in the dark about whats going on. I know both of the two big local ones and they are confused as hell as to what procedures to follow.
--
Technomancer at Digital Arts
Wits University

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Apr 2014, 11:30

Thanks for confirming this is not necessarily an issue between me and my own reseller. This is ridiculous, BTW. It would seem to be yet another fine example of the usual "confusion by design". If they really want us to "transition", they might want to help us all along a little better (or at least give the impression of trying)...
:-?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 09 Apr 2014, 17:55

Jill Ramsay (Autodesk) answered my query on the Mailing List just now:
You need to go through a reseller and chose either the Max or Maya flavor of this bundle. Then the reseller will process the transaction. It is $0 if you are current on Subs. If you are not current, there is a cost to transitioning - talk to your reseller to determine the cost in your particular situation. Once you have transitioned, there is nothing special you need to do in terms of licensing. In transitioning to the bundle, you get 1-3x back of Softimage (previous versions) as part of your Subs benefits.
(Quoted from here)

I just sent a mail to my reseller... ;)