continued Redshift support?

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
wireframex

Re: continued Redshift support?

Post by wireframex » 24 Apr 2016, 14:46

juanloredo wrote:wireframex, could you tell me what are your temps in your graphics cards when using redshift after several minutes ? I'm interested on how the water cooling rig compares to the standard fan configuration. Did you bought your cards with the water cooling block pre-installed, or did you installed them yourself?
Hi Juan
Temperature never exceed 55 degres at full charge :)
All is made by myself. I use this tower http://www.lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pc-d8000/ because a lot of material inside :)
juanloredo wrote:I have two GTX titan X, after couple of minutes of rendering the one that runs the main monitors (2 Monitors) gets 82C (49C Idle) and the second one (1 Monitor) gets 75C (42C idle). I notice that if I connected the first card to the first monitor and the second card to the other two renaming monitor, the temps get even between the cards at around 42C idle, unfortunately my second card does not run 3d acceleration, I like to run softimage with the dual setup, any node window or 3d view in the second monitor will be super slow, the same happens with other programs, not sure if its an Nvidia thingy, that the second card is never 3d accelerated (I think you need to use SLI, but that does not play good with redshift, or any other gpu render engine)
Just forget fan configuration and SLI except if you want to play with
Philippe
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory

wireframex

Re: continued Redshift support?

Post by wireframex » 24 Apr 2016, 15:02

Just found a little picture of modding by myself :)

Philippe
"without mastery, power is nothing" - Softimage Addict User
CPU 3990x 128 Threads / 2 x 3090 RTX - 24 Go / 96 Go memory