Arnold trial

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
McNistor

Arnold trial

Post by McNistor » 03 Jul 2016, 11:49

Hey people,
I decided to post this instead of contact Solidangle thinking I'm gonna get a response sooner.
From the try Arnold page it's not very clear for me if the trial lasts for 15 days or 15 days with no watermarks and then indefinitely but with watermarks. If it's the latter it would be an amazing opportunity for me to learn it and possibly even use it for portfolio images if the watermark is in a corner or something until I decide whether or not to drop 1k euro, although if I recall correctly it's all over the image.
Any limitations like number of physical cores or max resolution?
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Arnold trial

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Jul 2016, 12:36

• Upon completing this process you will be able to render Arnold without a watermark for 15 days.
  • You can only receive this 15 day trial once.
  • The use of the watermarked output for commercial use is strictly prohibited.
(Quoted from here)

I would assume this means the trial will automatically switch to adding watermarks after 15 days...
McNistor wrote:Any limitations like number of physical cores or max resolution?
  • This trial version is functionally identical to the commercial version.
Watermark in action... ;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

forton

Post by forton » 03 Jul 2016, 23:12

The watermark isn't usually as visible as this example (maybe because of the black background) but personally I would always prefer a showreel without watermarks on top of my work.

McNistor

Post by McNistor » 26 Jul 2016, 21:32

Thanks HiraziBlue.
You're right forton, this kind of watermarks all over your folio images or video reel would ruin the work.
The society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools.
-Thucydides

luchifer

Post by luchifer » 27 Jul 2016, 05:50

Wait until you see the Octane watermark.