Autodesk Perpetual+Maintenance Transfered to Sub???

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
Rez007

Autodesk Perpetual+Maintenance Transfered to Sub???

Post by Rez007 » 18 Jul 2016, 22:10

Hi,

I was just logged into my Autodesk account and was looking at some things, as I had a couple of support tickets being worked on. Just about a little over a month ago, under the section "Billing and Orders" (on the left nav-bar after logging in) it said my license was "Maya with Softimage" and right below that it said it was a "Perpetual + Maintenance" as the type. I logged in today and just happen to check it again, and it still says "Maya with Softimage" but right below that it now says "Subscription" (with a subscription number listed next to it), and in the upper right of that same area, it says "1-year" as the term...there is no mention of "Perpetual" listed anywhere, anymore.

Does anyone else with a Perpetual license with Maintenance now show this too? Did Autodesk change something to licenses or is this just a new way of them writing things and confusing everyone with a perpetual license? If anyone can please confirm this, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

rray

Re: Autodesk Perpetual+Maintenance Transfered to Sub???

Post by rray » 18 Jul 2016, 23:21

I remember for my perpetual M+S license, the 1yr maintenance contract was called "subscription" too. Stopped it some weeks ago, so can't verify.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 18 Jul 2016, 23:46

Hi rray, thanks for the reply. Yeah, just a little over a month ago, it was literally written out as "Perpetual+Maintenance", and now it is just written as "Subscription". Everywhere I look on my account there is no longer any mention of the word "perpetual" - totally absent from everything. I was just hoping that nothing got switched by accident when they were working on my support tickets, or if something might have only changed on how Autodesk is now naming it. I went to check with my reseller too, but I found out today that they decided to retire after 35 years...so, now no reseller as well. Thanks again for your reply.

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 19 Jul 2016, 17:33

Does anyone else by chance have a perpetual license of "Maya with Softimage" and on Maintenance, that could please check their account to verify? It would be much appreciated.

Thank You.

Rez007

Post by Rez007 » 22 Jul 2016, 18:13

Just wanted to follow-up with what I found out in case anyone was curious. I heard back from Autodesk, and they did verify that they changed the wording used a couple of months ago in the Autodesk account pages. Everything else was unchanged - same licensing.

mirkoj

Post by mirkoj » 10 Aug 2016, 09:52

in legal stuff wording is everything.

if you sign contract that says: "I can kiss you whenever I want" and both parties agree and sign, and then one party changes that to: "I can kill you whenever I want"...
you see my point ;)