I can not adapt to other software

General discussion about 3D DCC and other topics
myara

Re: I can not adapt to other software

Post by myara » 29 Dec 2016, 15:52

Shredder565 wrote:yep, but if they ever take down the activation software on their end like adobe did for their older programs, and you reformat the system, you're stuck out of luck.
That's asking a solution for an hypothetical problem that doesn't exist yet.
Shredder565 wrote:With Adobe's new way, and I'll give them major credit for this, they basically made their older software free to use.
It isn't a "new way". There was a problem with the CS2 license servers, so I asume that instead of wasting resources fixing that on their end, they just decided to release licenses that don't require access to their servers. It is a 10+ years old software after all. They appeal to your honesty to only use them if you already have a CS2 license for that package, not "any" license. I guess they don't mind hobbists using an old version for free.
AFAIK this is the only case.
Last edited by myara on 29 Dec 2016, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
M.Yara
Character Modeler | Softimage Generalist (sort of)

Shredder565

Post by Shredder565 » 29 Dec 2016, 15:55

myara wrote:
Shredder565 wrote:yep, but if they ever take down the activation software on their end like adobe did for their older programs, and you reformat the system, you're stuck out of luck.
That's asking a solution for an hypothetical problem that doesn't exist yet.

i have OCD. i'm CONSTANTLY worrying about future What if's that most people don't think about ;)

duveil

Post by duveil » 19 Jan 2017, 21:04

Shredder565 wrote: sigh..Softimage really has become a way of life..and in some cases, a life saver, saving me from complete and utter boredom. it's been so much a part of my life for the last 10 years, not sure what i'd substitute it with

I have a love affair with XSI or had I dont know .Even my wife says so.Since EOL I learned some rigging in Maya and FX in Houdini.Now I tell myself If there is a character animation do it in Maya if there is a FX go to Houdini.Modeling still rocks in XSI. For rendering and lighting it really doesn`t matter that much. But the problem is remembering that there was a time I used to do all those things in XSI . Oh man I miss those times.