How to create a parented null on each object selected

Issues concerning rigging & Face Robot...
missingkey

Re: How to create a parented null on each object selected

Post by missingkey » 31 Dec 2013, 02:29

Hey Matt, are you talking about just using ICE to drive the parent nulls, offsets, and static kine?

I have a face rig that more or less does just that I think. Although, I don't think I have setup what your talking about.

Would you mind providing a sample scene? I'd love to dig through what you mentioning.

mattmos

Post by mattmos » 31 Dec 2013, 03:43

I've been trying to automate as much as I can just building re-usable compounds (my python sucks!) so this is more of an import model/apply compound workflow. But using ice to to the deforms, instead of an envelope/kinestate thing. You can sometimes get some overlapping deformation, but I've found it works ok generally and means I don't have to paint too much (just some weightmaps to mask influence).

I've got a cut down test I can show, should give you an idea of the setup. I keep meaning to bash out a full face rig to share but finding the time atm is a struggle...

Under the icetree null the setup_icetree should be frozen before animating. Rest of it should be ok. And apologies for the messy shapes icetrees, trying out different approaches!

https://app.box.com/s/dxpe8tij42yk6ojc3h2d

probiner

Post by probiner » 07 Jan 2014, 01:23

I had this thread subscribed, but unfortunately lavabit.com was brought down and I haven't updated my si-comm account settings.

@missingkey
Thanks again, not only the script is set to go, it's also quite clear so I was able to pick up bits of commands and procedures. :)

@mattmos
Great! I had thought of this at some point too since my python is not that great either. But I didn't understanding how was I going to constrain the nulls to the mesh at a particular frame 0.
There's a lot of small things on that model of yours to explore, learn and re-use. Thanks

Cheers