Kristinka Hair 3.0 announced

New plugins, tools etc.
Mathaeus

Re: Kristinka Hair 3.0 announced

Post by Mathaeus » 25 Jun 2011, 15:52

Thank You all !

Just a few details about new emission from meshes. Basically it emits from - node location (polygon corners), then it does sorting by initialized polygon index, in order to find the points which belongs to same polygon. Virtually moving the points by accompanying polygon ID, then searching just a few closest points, seems to be a much faster than building an array and handling with array. So I think I'll stay with this method. Rock solid emission from NURBS, where triangles are created by a simple math, is still there.

So, user will be able to edit the emitter mesh on the fly. This works surprisingly nice, btw. In picture, there are a few available options: 1 and 2 is equal count by polygons, 3 is relative to polygon area, but modified by weight map.

Even it's able use quads or more, I'll stay with triangles for long-hair-emission, as it is more comfortable for all stuff that coming later. For short hairs (less strand segments and simple styling, more polygons on emitter), there is a 'Simple Hair' emission, able to emit from any kind of poly.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Kristinka Hair 3.0 announced

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Jul 2011, 10:07

Kristinka Hair 3.0 has been released. The release thread can be found here
;)
Stay safe, sane & healthy!