Animation tools

New plugins, tools etc.
Philo

Re: Animation tools

Post by Philo » 06 Mar 2012, 02:40

druitre wrote:Hi Phil,

that copy/paste script reminds me of something that I've always wanted in SI. A bit different but a variation on it: simplified copy-paste keyfunctions in the timeline. So, selecting keyframe(s) and then hitting ctrl-c/x, going to other timeline position and hitting ctrl-v.

It's actually like having dopesheet abilities in the timeline, it speeds up the workflow a lot IMO.

For single keyframes you could even speed this up a whole lot more - just hovering over the timeline with the pointer would be enough to tell SI it's keyframe at current frame you want to handle. So ctrl-x cuts current keyframe, as long as timeline is area of interest.

Does SI recognize area of interest?
I've never done a tool that directly interacts with the timeline, I'll look into it and see if I can come up with something.

This week's tool is a request from a guy from work. A simple tool to quickly offset keys in the timeline.

http://philmelancon.wordpress.com/2012/ ... fset-keys/
Direct link to the script if you don't care about the how-to: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64117454/pmOffsetKeys.pys (Right-Click, Save as)

Cheers!
Helping speed up animators one tool at a time!

Sil3

Post by Sil3 » 06 Mar 2012, 19:04

Thanks for this cool scripts :)

Maya has a nice feature that let us change the Curves interpolation (Spline/Linear/Stepped) on the Timeline, we just select the Keys we want with a Region and Right Mouse Click to choose the pretended Interpolation. Its a nice way to show Blocking Animation even if we don't use Stepped to Block it out. Can this be done in Softimage?

bottleofram

Post by bottleofram » 06 Mar 2012, 20:08

@Sil3: Dont think so.

@Philo: Experiencing a problem with an 'offset by a chosen number of frames to the right'. I placed a couple of keys on every tenth frame. When i choose a number bigger than 10 to offset, only the last key gets moved. Choosing bigger numbers give even stranger results.

Sil3

Post by Sil3 » 07 Mar 2012, 12:27

I know that by default it cant, I was just asking if theres a way someone could code a little tool for it hehehe :p

GiorgioAdolfoKrenkel

Post by GiorgioAdolfoKrenkel » 31 Jul 2012, 12:47

First of all, thanks for all the scripts.
Here is a suggestion, maybe the 2 scripts copy animation, and offsset keys could be merged into one script, something like this :
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downl ... opyanim--2

Newcomer (<20 posts) alert: please use the URL tags - HB

Philo

Post by Philo » 08 Aug 2012, 21:42

Hi all, sorry for being m.i.a. for so long... work has been (and continues to be) completely insane these last few months. I will get back to this eventually, probably in a month or 2 depending when/if things calm down a bit at work.

GiorgioAdolfoKrenkel:
I love that UI and combining those 2 tools would indeed make a lot of sense. Packaging and UI aren't my strongest skills so any suggestions are more than welcomed!

bottleofram:
I've reproduced the bug and couldn't get around it considering that the logic in the code should work. The only solution I could come up with was to use a different method to achieve the same results.

Sil3:
No idea if it's possible or not, I'll look into it but I can't make any promises.

I'll probably have a look at most of the tools once I get back to my blog, my coding knowledge/experience has grown a lot thanks to some awesome coworkers of mine and I feel like optimizing some of the code.

Cheers!
Helping speed up animators one tool at a time!