Thanks to everyone who ever worked on Softimage

New plugins, tools etc.
punchatz

Thanks to everyone who ever worked on Softimage

Post by punchatz » 27 Feb 2014, 07:15

I just wanted to say a heart felt thanks to every one that contributed the greatest ride of my life....Softimage. To the special ones at Soft....the ones that will be friends for life, Hail and fair well. I will be getting in touch with all of you soon.

Please don't bitch here..I will bitch in other threads too.. just keep this one for thanking all the amazing people that took care of for the last twenty years.

Greg

Superpositivo

Re: Thanks to everyone who ever worked on Softimage

Post by Superpositivo » 27 Feb 2014, 13:52

Well, ok... good.

But, what the reason of these doom threads these days?

Is there an official statement of Softimage closing?...Does someone knows something for sure?...

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 27 Feb 2014, 14:19

Superpositivo wrote:Well, ok... good.

But, what the reason of these doom threads these days?

Is there an official statement of Softimage closing?...Does someone knows something for sure?...

It has been said that in March 4 we will know. But than again ... who knows! :)

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 27 Feb 2014, 14:49

..nobody from AD denied it by now (like the times before), so draw your own conclusion...

MauricioPC

Post by MauricioPC » 27 Feb 2014, 15:02

owei wrote:..nobody from AD denied it by now (like the times before), so draw your own conclusion...
Actually after the rumor popped up again, Luceric and Bellsey simply disappeared from the thread. :/

rray

Post by rray » 27 Feb 2014, 15:14

Yeah I guess denying it would be... denial... but On topic...massive compliments to everyone who worked on it, the best application ever written.
softimage resources section updated Jan 5th 2024

owei
Administrator

Post by owei » 27 Feb 2014, 15:43

Thanks to all the talent that was part of the Softimage development team. Thanks for a great workflow, a great logic and so many useful tools!! :ymhug:

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 27 Feb 2014, 16:05

Let us not forget the support team (past and present)...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

KLONOA WORKS

Post by KLONOA WORKS » 27 Feb 2014, 16:07

is there something bad happen ?

Superpositivo

Post by Superpositivo » 27 Feb 2014, 16:27

Well.. but, just because nobody says anything official, and nobody is 100% sure of it, could we postpone greetings and hugs AFTER THAT???

This is so depressing!

SI 2015 isn't out yet, but everyone is already giving it as dead.

I really heated all this threads about death of this or whatever, and expecially because about of Softimage.

I probably will start a more positive thread:

"WHAT IF SOFTIMAGE LIVE ON?"

...please, I understand every emotion about it, and I feel the same since that damn acquisition, but too many times I think it as a nonsense.
Everyone has their opinions, developers never show up, AD surely stays away since they have completely other way of thinking, Luceric is just a troll and from some answers I often wondered if he really knows the way Softimage works despite he's been a developer, Bellsey tries to say something, and most of the times is like the daily horoscope: everything could mean everything saying nothing.
And and all of this is keeping on since years..... but now people say "..this time could be real!"..
It's like Softimage users want this thing!...
It's ok, investment, and whatever, everybody wants the right answer to go on, but, can we stay still for at least 7 days??? (not as being doomed by Samara, though...).

Then, everybody could say anything, I guess, maybe some NDA broken, or whatever, but since it's not official, yet, then... please...

OzAdi

Post by OzAdi » 27 Feb 2014, 16:33

Well.. but, just because nobody says anything official, and nobody is 100% sure of it, could we postpone greetings and hugs AFTER THAT???

This is so depressing!

SI 2015 isn't out yet, but everyone is already giving it as dead.

I really heated all this threads about death of this or whatever, and expecially because about of Softimage.

I probably will start a more positive thread:

"WHAT IF SOFTIMAGE LIVE ON?"

...please, I understand every emotion about it, and I feel the same since that damn acquisition, but too many times I think it as a nonsense.
Everyone has their opinions, developers never show up, AD surely stays away since they have completely other way of thinking, Luceric is just a troll and from some answers I often wondered if he really knows the way Softimage works despite he's been a developer, Bellsey tries to say something, and most of the times is like the daily horoscope: everything could mean everything saying nothing.
And and all of this is keeping on since years..... but now people say "..this time could be real!"..
It's like Softimage users want this thing!...
It's ok, investment, and whatever, everybody wants the right answer to go on, but, can we stay still for at least 7 days??? (not as being doomed by Samara, though...).

Then, everybody could say anything, I guess, maybe some NDA broken, or whatever, but since it's not official, yet, then... please...
your nickname is SuperPositivo ;)