Announcing Forester a new plugin from 3DQUAKERS

Plugins linking to this thread: (hide)

ForesterAuthor: 3DQuakers
3DQuakers, one of the few providers of Softimage video training, is proudly presenting its first Softimage plugin: [..] Forester is a procedural creation addon that renders the creation of natural elements like trees, forests, grass and flowers a breeze! With its procedural approach, Forester generates the geometry using ICE, making the creation and editing of elements very straightforward. Forester is not aimed for technical directors, but for artists. No ICE knowloedge is required. In fact, Forester will add all the connections automatically, so the user would only have to change the element parameters. Forester elements come with lots of parameters to render the customization process very fast and intuitive. Almost all geometry come with built-in UVs, called Space UVs, that fit perfectly over the geometry, and render exactly the same way in Mental Ray and Arnold.

Pricing information: Forester v1 is launched with an introductory price of 159 USD, for single machine use. Additional licenses cost 100 USD per machine. Prices are subject to increase after the launch period.

A lot of documentation videos to be found here

Related plugins: TGen, LKLightning, StrandTree, Ivo Tree, Recursive Tree (click »vegetation« tag). Here is an xmas tree demo setup by Matt Morris: http://www.matinai.com/si/xmas_tree_settings.jpg

New plugins, tools etc.
bb3d

Re: Announcing Forester a new plugin from 3DQUAKERS

Post by bb3d » 25 Jun 2016, 22:38

Thank you for the tip. I tried those compounds, but after fiddling around with them for over an hour without success, I gave Blender a try and found out, that Blender's particle system has a big "Convert" button which does exactly what I want with only one mouseclick. Now I integrated it into the pipeline of my current project, complementing XSI :)

MKXSI

Post by MKXSI » 02 May 2019, 17:09

Does anybody have this addon to give it a try before buyng? :D
Thanks

Maximus

Post by Maximus » 02 May 2019, 21:14

MKXSI wrote: 02 May 2019, 17:09 Does anybody have this addon to give it a try before buyng? :D
Thanks
I own it, what can i say, its really great but a bit pricey also it lacks a library (c4d one has a library).
one major aspect is that its ICE based and fully customizable, it has wind animation which is the reason i bought it, both on grass/strands/flowers/trees.

Scatter tool is also very good, i only miss some presets, basically you'd have to build your own trees.
That said i dont think its for a close up rendering, its great for animation/filling the environment and using the wind function, but for close up rendering i dont know, the thing is that Speedtree for example has branches merged and fused with the trunks, Forester have them split apart, so its like you create a cylinder so to speak, on top of the trunk, you can see the edges.

You can use grass for close up, because you can map any high res texture to the grass blades (which is amazing). The grass parameters/patches are also crazy good.

Depends on what are your needs but i'd give it a 8/10 score, 2 points missing because of this trunk/branches thing and the fact that it doesnt have a library :)

c4d version is probably the best customizable tree/grass generator imo. unless you need Speedtree or Plant Factory power, you are pretty much set with any project.