Plural Sight - ICE Volume Rendering in Softimage - ERROR

Here you can find ICE tutorials and learning material
Draise

Plural Sight - ICE Volume Rendering in Softimage - ERROR

Post by Draise » 31 Aug 2016, 19:41

I signed up to Pluralsight to learn what I can of Softimage before they took them down and found a great series called ICE Volume Rendering in Softimage by Kyle Green. But each video only does an ICE node reference video isntead of the suggested ICE volume particle rendering videos - which would be invaluable to learn!

ANyone know how to fix this or know how to get the original course?

jonmoore

Re: Plural Sight - ICE Volume Rendering in Softimage - ERROR

Post by jonmoore » 01 Sep 2016, 12:35

If you login to the old Digital Tutors site with your Pluralsight credentials to course works properly.

Much as Digital Tutors got very shabby with the quality of their courses towards the end, most of the old Softimage/XSI content is decent. The Ice Node Reference Guide in particular was very helpful for me. No crappy scene walkthrough, just a simple scene built around the specifics of each node. The ICE Volume Rendering course is cool too as Mental Ray is very decent when it comes to old school rendering of particles (damn fast too). It's not going to compete with Houdini and Redshift in combo for speed but you have a rich variety of shading options available so it's a good skill to fall back on for specific types of effect where absolute accuracy isn't required and where much of the grunt work happens during the composite anyway.

Draise

Post by Draise » 01 Sep 2016, 23:48

Thanks for that!!! A lot.

jonmoore

Post by jonmoore » 01 Sep 2016, 23:54

Draise wrote:Thanks for that!!! A lot.
:)