Is the CAP still going anywhere?

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Re: Is the CAP still going anywhere?

Post by Hirazi Blue » 25 Aug 2010, 18:07

So basically what you're saying is:
it shouldn't be open/public and it shouldn't be democratic.
Well that effectively rules out a community project IMHO.
A collaborative project, maybe, but not really a community project...
Stay safe, sane & healthy!

pBarrelas

Post by pBarrelas » 25 Aug 2010, 21:55

I guess there is a misinterpretation here.
I said that deciding stuff through a a pool isn't the right way.Things are more complex than that.

The project is still open. I never said that it should be closed. What I said that the information should be filtered in a way that it would help people to decide to enter or not based on that. I have to admit that the way the threads on the CAP are (de)organized, it doesn't help people to get to know the project.

redmotion

Post by redmotion » 26 Aug 2010, 14:20

Its "community"-made because a community will make it, not because its "democratic". We've an idea and a script. We need concepts to define the look, storyboards and we are off.

As soon as we have got the concepts (and maybe storyboards) and we are all happy with them, we could scrap all these threads and lay out plain and simple in one locked thread the precise aim of the project.

I suggested a closed forum because while this first part is done I could foresee some politics creeping in. If the leads are arguing about what something should be, that needs to be private. If you're not happy with this, then we'll have to rethink the approach.

So I'm wondering whether we should both request some concepts for characters in concept art forums. Perhaps for both ideas and see which one looks the most inspiring, interesting, funny, moody, whatever. I'll try to get something together for my look and opentarget can get something together for his. And we'll let the community decide which direction to take with a vote.

Hirazi Blue
Administrator

Post by Hirazi Blue » 03 Oct 2010, 12:17

At the risk of sounding "hysterical" here:
Sorry, but are there or will there ever be any more updates on the CAP?
If you look at the dates of this thread alone and consider the fact that one of the designated CAPs hasn't even been active in this community for over two months now, this project doesn't really even seem to pretend anymore, that it's going somewhere...

You don't have to post entire progress journal, but snippets of "hey, the project is still breathing" would be nice, once in a while (and by "once in a while" I mean a little more frequent than the current updates, that only seem to follow me explicitly asking for one...)
:-?
Stay safe, sane & healthy!